We are at an exciting time in Royal Greenwich Children's Services and are looking for innovative team members to join us in continuing to deliver brilliant outcomes for children and young people across the borough. Our Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND) provision was recently awarded the top rating possible by CQC and Ofsted Inspectors and our Youth Justice Service was recently rated Good.
We are now looking for a Lead Commissioner for SEND who will continue to strive for our children and their families with SEND and to maintain our excellent rating as well as support in the delivery of our improvement plan and strategy for SEND services.
The post sits within our Integrated Children's Commissioning Team, within Children Services, working across the ICB and the Royal Borough of Greenwich. The post holder will have the opportunity to work in partnership with education, voluntary sector and NHS providers and our parent carer forum.
As part of the Integrated Commissioning Service, you will work with colleagues, partners and families to strategically lead the commissioning of services to meet the needs of children and young people.
As part of this team, you will;
- Work in partnership with children, young people and families to ensure they are at the heart of everything we do.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across Children services, the voluntary and private sector, health and the wider council.
- Bring your experience of commissioning, problem-solving, project management and/or quality assurance of services to support the delivery of high performing and innovative services.
- Work with partners to identify creative solutions to deliver improved outcomes for children and young people
- Work in partnership with colleagues and partners to strategically shape services.
- Ensure all our commissioning processes celebrate and embed diversity and challenge discrimination.
- Provide line management to a Commissioning and Monitoring Officer
Please note this is a fixed term post for 12 months with the possibility of an extension.
Royal Borough of Greenwich SEND inspection of the Local Area Partnership 50222861 (ofsted.gov.uk)
For more information on our priorities please visit: Children and Young People Plan 2020 to 2024 | Royal Borough of Greenwich (royalgreenwich.gov.uk)
Royal Borough of Greenwich staff values: Our Staff Values (royalgreenwichcareers.com)
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.