Advanced Engineering Technician
Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
This is an advanced Professionally qualified role, which requires the post holder to take responsibility for ensuring the safety and roadworthiness of vehicles, plant machinery and equipment belonging to or working on behalf of the London Borough of Redbridge council and its external clients. The post holder will be expected to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge, skills and experience in the areas relating to the vehicle and machinery maintenance.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as Heavy Vehicle Technician
- City and guilds level 3 or equivalent qualification in heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician essential.
- Hold an IRTEC “inspection technician large commercial vehicle” highly desirable.
- MOT Tester, Tachograph qualification desirable
- A sound understanding of Work and Health / Safety at Work regulations & best practice
- Be computer literate, able to use workshop computer tablets preferably with experience of vehicle maintenance systems.
- Full car licence essential
- LGV and or PSV Licence Highly desirable
- Must be able to demonstrate continual personal development.
- Able to act as a mentor to apprentices when required.
- Able to work on their own initiative, pro-active, ongoing requirement to resolve difficult technical issues, physically fit and active, personable.
- Able to work in confined spaces inspection pits an inside vehicle body if required (confined space training provided).
- Able to attend roadside breakdowns.
- Able to attend training courses as required.
To apply for this role, please visit https://ce0320li.webitrent.com/ce0320li_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID=074008aLHS&WVID=958433OaLq
All short-listed applicants will need to demonstrate proof of right to work in the UK. At the London Borough of Redbridge, we receive a high volume of great-quality applicants, we therefore may close a vacancy earlier than advertised. Early applications are therefore encouraged.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment and welcome applications from qualified applicants regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, colour, race, religion, or belief.