Personal Adviser – Redbridge Connexions
Full time, Permanent
Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
- We are seeking a qualified and experienced Information Advice and Guidance (IAG) worker to join a team of advisers working with NEET (Not in Education, Employment and Training) and pre NEET young people in Redbridge.
A relevant IAG qualification (minimum level 6 or equivalent) is essential.
Redbridge Connexions Personal Advisers are responsible for engaging with young people aged 16-18 (and up to 25 for those with Special Educational Needs/Disabilities - SEND) who are at risk of disengaging from education, training & employment or who have become NEET. A particular focus of the work includes supporting vulnerable groups including care leavers and young people with SEND from year 9 upwards.
- Focus on support for young people at risk of not making an effective transition from secondary to post-16 education.
- Deliver support to re-engage young people who are NEET to assist them moving into appropriate education or training programmes and/or support them into employment.
You will have:
- A relevant IAG qualification (minimum level 6 or equivalent)
- Experience of working with NEET and pre NEET young people
- Experience of working in schools
- Good knowledge of SEND legislation and the Education, Health and Care Plan process.
We support our workers in their progression, affording opportunities to grow skill sets. Staff have regular supervision with their line manager and frequent professional development sessions.
If you are interested in being part of a team delivering excellent services to young people in Redbridge, please apply.
Redbridge is committed to making safer recruitment decisions and to preventing unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children. As such some posts may be subject to a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service. References may also be taken up prior to interview.
Embracing diversity and promoting equalities for all.
To apply for this role, please visit https://ce0320li.webitrent.com/ce0320li_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID=383596aN1D&WVID=958433OaLq
Ambitious for Redbridge
All short-listed applicants will need to demonstrate proof of right to work in the UK. At the London Borough of Redbridge, we receive a high volume of great-quality applicants, we therefore may close a vacancy earlier than advertised. Early applications are therefore encouraged.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment and welcome applications from qualified applicants regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, colour, race, religion, or belief.