LIFE EDUCATION TRUST
The Frances Bardsley Academy for Girls
An 11-18 Academy with Visual Arts Specialism
Brentwood Road, Romford, Essex RM1 2RR
Executive Headteacher: Mr J. Dutnall LLB, BA, MA, MBA
Weekend Farm Assistant
Required: September 2023
Contract Type: Term time weekend & half term holidays
Salary: £11.89 per hour (more may be available for an experienced candidate) 2 hours per day on Saturdays, Sundays and during half term breaks
Building Great Learning Communities
Our Mission is 'To build great learning communities where children flourish'. To accomplish our mission, we keep our 3 core beliefs at the heart of everything we do: Courageous Optimism, Boundless Creativity and Heartfelt Compassion. We support our schools to deliver excellent pupil outcomes, create vibrant, exciting environments and offer rewarding careers for employees. To help us with this, we are looking to appoint a Weekend Farm Assistant to support the Farm & Enrichment Leader with the care and maintenance of our farm animals at weekends and during the school half-term breaks. This is a physical role and will involve tasks such as feeding, mucking out, administering medication and caring for the animals.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a love of animals and confidence in handling them
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Have great communication skills
- Be willing to clean out and replace animal bedding as necessary
The successful candidate will become part of an oversubscribed, flourishing school for girls aged 11 to 18, with confident, courteous, articulate students and an ethos in empowerment. The school is committed to providing the best learning opportunities in a safe, secure and friendly environment with dedicated colleagues who strive for excellence.
In return we can offer you:
- Welcoming and friendly colleagues
- Access to the Schools Advisory Service (SAS), the Trust’s employee well-being support and medical programme. This includes 24 hour a day access to a GP helpline for you and those within your household, a counselling service, stress management, weight loss programme, physiotherapy, menopause support and much more.
- A colleague Support Pack regularly updated with local financial guidance, schemes and support
- Links with the local community, including our charity partner, The Trussell Trust Food Bank
- Increased priority in admission to our school for your daughter(s)
- Close proximity to the M25, Romford Railway Station (Elizabeth Line) and on a main bus route
Please forward your completed application form, together with a letter of application and supporting paperwork to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Thursday 22nd June 2023.
For further information about this role, please contact Vicky Smith, Head of HR via email at email@example.com.
Visits to the school are welcomed.