The Frances Bardsley Academy for Girls
An 11-18 Academy with Visual Arts Specialism
Brentwood Road, Romford, Essex RM1 2RR
Executive Headteacher: Mr J. Dutnall LLB, BA, MA, MBA
Learning Support Assistant
Required: September 2023
Contract Type: 1 year for 32.5 hrs a week, 38 weeks a year
Scale: 3.5 - 3.6
Salary: £24,804 to £25,212 FTE (including Outer London Allowance)
Actual Salary: £18,767 to £19,075
Building Great Learning Communities
Our Mission is 'To build great learning communities'. To accomplish our mission, we keep our 3 core beliefs at the heart of
everything we do: Courageous Optimism, Boundless Creativity and Heartfelt Compassion. We support our schools to deliver excellent student outcomes, create vibrant, exciting environments and offer rewarding careers for employees.
To help us with this, we are looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to work alongside the SENDCO, SEND Support Manager, Learning Support and Teaching colleagues to support learning in line with the national curriculum and the SEN code of practice.
The successful candidate will have:
- An understanding of specific learning needs and styles to differentiate support to pupils
- The ability to use Microsoft Office, including; Word, Excel. Power Point, Publisher & Outlook and support students with these
- The ability to plan effectively to enable multi-tasking
- A desire to help all pupils succeed
- Compassion towards the needs of the pupils.
- The ability to exchange verbal information clearly and sensitively with children and adults
- The ability to work with a range of colleagues
The successful candidate will become part of an oversubscribed, flourishing school for girls aged 11 to 18, with confident, courteous, articulate students, and an ethos rooted in empowerment, The school is committed to providing the best learning opportunities in a safe, secure and friendly environment with dedicated colleagues who strive for excellence.
In return we can offer you:
- Welcoming and friendly colleagues
- A stimulating and welcoming learning environment with excellent facilities, including our purpose-built Wellbeing Centre, a farm, an art gallery and our own railway
- High quality professional development opportunities
- An all-inclusive and supportive Multi-Academy Trust
- Strong links with girls' schools in the UK and abroad through the International Coalition of Girls' Schools (ICGS)
- 24hr confidential wellbeing support package and free flu vaccinations
- A Colleague Support Pack regularly updated with local financial guidance, schemes and support
- Increased priority in admissions to our school for your child/ren
- Close proximity to the M25, Romford Railway Station (Elizabeth Line) and on a main bus route
Please forward your completed application form, together with a letter of application and supporting paperwork to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am Thursday 8th June 2023. A copy of the School’s Support Colleague Application Form can be found on the school website.
Shortlisting and interviews will take place shortly after.
The School reserves the right to interview prior to the deadline date.
LIFE Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.