Starting salary £33,820
Salary scale £33,820 to £41,496 (SCP 27-35)
With the potential to earn up to an additional £8,888 performance related pay
Ethical consultancy does exist. Do you want to join us?
Do you want to join a value-based ethical organisation? APSE is a non-profit working in the local government sector. Sitting under the APSE umbrella is our Solutions service; providing support on service reviews and service transformation to local councils across the UK.
As one of our team you will get to work on projects which support the public sector by helping to deliver innovative consultancy projects across the frontline of local government. The right candidate will get the opportunity to work in diverse areas from waste, recycling and street scene, highways and streets lighting, parks and public realm, through to leisure and facilities management.
The successful candidate will demonstrate that they can work well with our clients, putting them at the heart of their work. They will share APSE’s values of excellence in public services. You will have a strong track record of managing their own workload, writing timely reports and understanding project management. A background in a core local council frontline service will be an advantage. However, the right candidate will be given the opportunity to develop and grow your own skills working alongside experts in the field.
- Opportunity to develop your own consultancy skills and work with some of the UK’s experts in council services.
- Unique chance to get directly involved in helping local government meet the many challenges they face.
- Receive training and development on delivering high level consultancy projects
- Become part of a well-respected growing value driven consultancy service.
- Work within an organisation committed to improving local government services.
- Receive an excellent performance related financial package.
- Influence change and progression within local government.
The successful candidate:
- Be committed to excellence in public services.
- Have excellent project management skills and be capable of managing multiple projects at once.
- Have a good understanding of local government and ideally experience in a frontline local government service
- Have good written skills and business acumen with an understanding of public service finances or budget setting processes in public services
- Have excellent management and leadership skills because the right candidate will be expected to coordinate our valued expert associates who work across all services
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
The successful applicant will receive the following benefits:
- A starting salary of £33,820 with opportunities to progress through the pay scale to a maximum salary of £41,496
- Potential to earn performance related pay up to £8,888
- 25 days holiday plus all statutory public holidays
- Can apply to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Occasional Home working
- Access to excellent training and development opportunities
- Working for an employer committed to its Environmental Social and Governance framework and support APSE’s climate change and ecological emergency actions.
- Working for a Living Wage employer
For a candidate information pack please visit www.apse.org.uk/jobs or contact the APSE secretariat on 0161 7721810.
If you feel this role could be for you and would just like an informal chat to find out more, please feel free to contact the Head of APSE Solutions, Andy Mudd at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for this role is the 24th September 2023.