Salary: PO1 point 27-30
Start date: September 2023 or earlier
Learning Today- Transforming Tomorrow!
Portway is a happy and successful school located in Plaistow, East London. We are at the heart of this culturally rich community where we are able to offer purposeful and exciting learning opportunities for all. Our vision for our school is for our children to learn today what they need to be able to transform tomorrow!
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic Officer Manager to join our school.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced office manager with the relevant experience and desire to further develop their skills to join our Trust. Although previous experience working in schools is
desirable, it is not essential as we wish to attract a wide field of candidates.
We need an experienced Office manager who:
- Has the relevant experience as detailed in the job description - ie. experience in all aspects
- Has excellent communication skills & can drive a successful school office & administrative support to the senior leadership team.
- Matches the skills listed in the person specification (follows the job description and is part of the same document)
- Has excellent organisational skills and is able to prioritise workload
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and the ability to work collaboratively with school and Trust leaders, and to work with and support staff
- Has a commitment to their own professional development
In return we will empower, motivate and inspire you to be the best you can be. You can expect the following unique benefits to enhance your working life:
- A role in an organisation with a strong moral purpose, which exists in order to provide children with the best possible start in life
- An extensive wellbeing offer for staff, pupils and families and a Leadership team who promote wellbeing and academic success equally
- Well-resourced and attractive environment comprising of a drama studio and school forest
- Quality first professional development and career enhancement opportunities;
- Opportunity to work in a diverse, inclusive and vibrant community with excellent transport links
- Discounted 2 year old/3 year old full time childcare support.
If this role sounds like the job for you and if you would like any more information, please do not hesitate to contact Fredericka Bines, Head of Operations/ PA to the Headteacher, to arrange a visit or an informal telephone conversation (020 8472 7142) with our Headteacher, Scott Chudley, ahead of making your application.
Visits are most welcomed. When you visit the school, you will see first-hand our excellent facilities and feel how welcoming Portway is.
Further information about our school can be found on our website - http://portway.leadinglearningtrust.org
Interviews w/c : 24 April 2023
Portway Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all our staff to share this commitment. All staff are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check as well as qualifications and reference checks. A disqualification declaration questionnaire maybe required for this post.