Enforcement Support Officer
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
Hounslow Council is an outstanding council serving an outstanding borough. With brilliant, visionary leadership, a dynamic Cabinet, and a can-do culture, we’ve built strong partnerships across the borough which have transformed how we serve one of London’s most diverse boroughs. Hounslow is the world in one place, full of potential, but a borough hit hard -socially and economically -by Covid-19. We have stepped up for our residents and businesses like never before.
About The Team:
Hounslow is a community of communities. With a unique blend of picturesque open spaces and excellent transport links – it’s no wonder over 250,000 people call it home. As one of the most culturally diverse areas in the UK, the needs of our residents, businesses and stakeholders can be varied and complex.
You’ll be part of a front line facing, multi-disciplinary team who tackle a range of issues including noise, statutory nuisance, waste and fly-tipping, anti-social behaviour, and other environmental and social community concerns.
As part of the team, you will be undertaking a wide range of activities, and no two days are the same. This includes providing an administrative, customer and data processing lead, and provide support to the operation of the Neighbourhood Enforcement Team.
- You’ll be required to provide an efficient and effective clerical and administrative support service to Neighbourhood Enforcement, in accordance with Council policies and procedures.
- To provide excellent customer service to answer and deal with queries including face to face, telephone or in writing, and to be able to deal with confrontational situations in a courteous, confident, calm, and safe manner.
- To keep up to date with and manage all office processes and requirements, including data input, database management and reporting as required.
- To manage financial administration for the service.
- You will be an excellent communicator with a range of audiences.
- As a self-starter, you’ll be able to work alone with little supervision.
- You will be able to work flexibly to provide support across the service is required, to meet peaks and troughs in workloads and to be a flexible and supportive member of the team.
Essential for the Role:
- Experience in a similar role - desirable
- Basic DBS check is required.
We value diversity in its broadest sense. We're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves, give of their best and reach their full potential. We believe that a diverse workforce helps us to better understand our communities and deliver the best services for our residents. We want to receive applications from all regardless of age, gender identity, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, race or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, or social economic background. We want to harness the mix and ensure that everybody can apply and be part of our recruitment processes. We will therefore make reasonable adjustments to accommodate our candidates.
For more information and how to apply contact Lorien.Kelly@hounslow.gov.uk
To view Hounslow Employee Benefits, click HERE.
Interviews will be held during week commencing 25th April 2023