Senior Policy and Infrastructure Planner
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
Hounslow Council is an outstanding council serving an outstanding borough. With brilliant, visionary leadership, a dynamic Cabinet and a can-do culture, we’ve built strong partnerships across the borough which have transformed how we serve one of London’s most diverse boroughs. Hounslow is the world in one place, full of potential, but a borough hit hard -socially and economically -by Covid-19. We have stepped up for our residents and businesses like never before.
About The Role:
Hounslow is uniquely placed between Heathrow Airport and the City, with an extensive River Thames foreshore. Its vast axis from Chiswick in the east, to Feltham and the borders of Heathrow in the west, means that few other London Boroughs contain such a varied slice of the capital.
The Borough has significant potential for growth and improvement, with exciting development and regeneration opportunities in its Town Centres and the Great West Corridor and Heathrow Opportunity Areas. The Council is currently producing Development Plan Documents (DPDs) and Supplementary Planning Documents to capture and guide this growth potential.
Working within a busy Spatial Planning Team, the post holder will take a leading role in the identification and co-ordination of key infrastructure requirements to support growth within the Borough.
The post holder will contribute at a senior level to work on the Local Plan Review (and associated documents) and will be responsible for preparation of the Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Plan, Infrastructure Funding Statement and future review of the Council’s Community Infrastructure Levy.
- The project management and programming of Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) documents, including preparation of the annual Infrastructure Funding Statement and review of the Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Plan.
- Assistance with the management and programming of the Local Plan and other planning policy documents, particularly in terms of infrastructure funding and requirements.
- To identify requirements for S106 planning obligations and the Council’s CIL through infrastructure planning, to secure these requirements, and to monitor and ensure the delivery and implementation of planning obligations and CIL.
- To represent the authority at a senior level when dealing with other service areas, partners, developers and interested parties and build and foster strong working relationships where necessary and beneficial to promote the work of the team and produce sound and robust planning policy and CIL documents.
- Detailed knowledge of CIL and S.106 funding, legislation and guidance.
- Knowledge of planning policy development and the adoption process for a Local Plan, Supplementary Planning Document and Neighbourhood Plan.
- Knowledge of major factors, influences and legislation facing local government and the policy challenges facing the Service.
- Good leadership skills and fosters powerful and productive working relationships both within the service, across the Council and externally.
Degree or diploma in town planning or a related subject, membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (or working towards/eligible for membership), and relevant work experience in either a local authority planning department or planning consultancy.
We value diversity in its broadest sense. We're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves, give of their best and reach their full potential. We believe that a diverse workforce helps us to better understand our communities and deliver the best services for our residents.
We want to receive applications from all regardless of age, gender identity, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, race or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status or social economic background. We want to harness the mix and ensure that everybody can apply and be part of our recruitment processes. We will therefore make reasonable adjustments to accommodate our candidates.
For an informal discussion about the role contact Director of Planning and Buildings email@example.com
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.