Squirrels Heath Juniors School
Salisbury Road, Romford, RM2 5TP
Head Teacher; Mrs Mary Shipton
Full Time Teacher
Scale: Teachers Main Scale 1-6
Hours: 32.5 hours per week
Salary: £32,407 - £43,193
Start: 1st September 2023
ECTs welcome to apply
The children, staff and governors of Squirrels Heath Junior School are looking to appoint an energetic and driven individual to join our teaching team.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about teaching and has high expectations of all learners
- Is resourceful, dynamic and determined to be an outstanding teacher
- Is approachable and is able to foster positive relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues
- Is committed to their own professional development and is open to trying new ideas
- Will actively promote the school values, respect, courage, passion, growth and togetherness
We are able to offer:
- Enthusiastic, well behaved pupils who are keen to learn
- A committed and hardworking team of colleagues
- An effective Governing Body and supportive school community
- Professional development for all staff including opportunities to work collaboratively to improve practice
- Fantastic resources and provision for pupils including a biodome, immersive room and sensory garden
We are a three form entry Junior school located in the London Borough of Havering and within easy reach of the capital. Our school is a warm, friendly and caring environment where each child is valued and feels part of the school community. Our staff work hard to promote the social, moral, cultural and physical development of all children so that by the end of Year 6, they are confident, motivated and successful learners who are respectful and considerate to the needs of others.
In December 2018 Ofsted rated the school ‘Good’ in all areas and said, 'Teachers and pupils have positive relationships. As a result, pupils are keen to learn and strive to be successful'. ‘Pupils spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is a strength of the school'
Candidates are encouraged to visit the school by prior arrangement. Please call Tracey Drewett, Office Manager, on 01708 446472 to arrange a visit.
Please apply online.
Closing Date: 27th March 2023 - 12pm
Interview Date: 30th March 2023
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.