Teaching Assistant (Level B)/MDSA
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Level B) / MIDDAY SUPERVISOR
St John the Baptist is a one form entry school with approximately 200 pupils on roll. We pride ourselves on our positive and inclusive, approach. We have two vacancies for Teaching Assistants/Individual Needs Assistants Level B. The role also involves lunchtime supervision (see separate job description.)
Hours: 24 hours 35 minutes per week Teaching Assistant 4 hours 10 minutes per week Midday Supervisor
Pay Scale NJC Scale 4a TA £21,394 - £23,620 (pro rata 47.15 weeks) Actual £12,887 - £14,228
NJC Scale 3 Midday Supervisor£22,369 - £22,777 (pro rata 43.7 weeks) Actual £2,119 -£2,157
This appointment will be on a Fixed Term contract initially until August 2024.
Start date: April 2023
Closing date: Monday 27 March 2023 at 12pm
Interview date: Thursday 30 March 2023
About the role
We are looking for candidates who have the NVQ 2 Teaching Assistant’s qualification and /or recent experience of working in a primary school. The successful candidate will be a practising Catholic or be fully committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of our school. They will also:
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about supporting children’s learning.
- Have some experience of working with children with special needs
- Have excellent communication skills and a calm and patient approach
- Be keen to work with others as part of a team
- Have excellent time-management and organisational skills
- Be flexible as may be required to undertake Individual Needs Assistant tasks as directed.
We will offer you:
- - Children who are genuinely a pleasure to teach, enjoy school and work hard.
- - A happy working environment with a positive and inclusive ethos.
- - A strong, committed and collaborative staff team.
- - Opportunities for training and further development.
Visits to the school are warmly welcome. Please contact Mrs Joanne Levy, School Business Manager on 01273 607924 or by email: Joannelevy@stjohn.brighton-hove.sch.uk to arrange a visit and to request an application pack.
Applicants must use the Catholic Education Service application form and also complete the Rehabilitation of Offenders and Equalities Monitoring forms
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.