Paid weeks per year: 44.85 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Start date: As soon as possible dependent on references, DBS and notice
We are a highly innovative, committed, outward looking and enthusiastic organisation in all aspects of our work but especially: highest quality education and care, inclusive practice, staff development and parental engagement.
We have 152 pupils at Downs View School (aged 4-16) and have needs related to SLD/PMLD/ASC and complex needs.
We are looking for an organised, motivated, flexible and committed individual that can support us with the administration and organisation of EHCPs (Education, Health and Care Plan) for our 152 students at Downs View School in Woodingdean.
About the role
This role focuses around the co-ordination and timetabling of students’ Annual Reviews including preparing paperwork, taking minutes, communicating with stakeholders, and providing administrative support to the Senior Leadership Team. We are looking for people who have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of a range of ICT packages including Microsoft Office and Office 365
- Good working knowledge of SIMS (School Information Management System) and previous experience of working within a school office would be advantageous
- Good organisational and time management skills and able to use your own initiative
- Flexible, adaptable and understand what makes a good team
- Have a positive attitude to pupils with special needs including challenging behaviour
- Confidence in communication with all staff and parents / carers
We are absolutely committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The role is subject to a successful enhanced DBS check.
For further information please contact the school office on 01273 601680 or email email@example.com
Closing date: Midday, Friday 24 March 2023
Interview date: Week commencing 27 March 2023
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Warren Road, Woodingdean, BN2 6BB, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Office: (01273) 601680
For roles being advertised that are either Casual, Scale 1-2, Scale 3 or Scale 4, or have a pro rata entry salary below £20,480:
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.