Teaching Assistant (with MDSA duties)
Hertford Schools are nurturing, vibrant schools, with a friendly, hardworking, and supportive staff team. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated, and dedicated EYFS Teaching Assistant to join our school for two days per week.
The hours will be 8.30am – 3.15pm Thursday and Friday (with MDSA support as part of the role) and 30 mins for lunch
Fixed Term: Until 23 July 2024
Start date: 17 April 2023
This is an exciting opportunity to undertake a challenging but varied and interesting role. The post holder will be under the direction of the Heads of School.
About the role
Candidates will be able to provide evidence of:
- NVQ2 qualification for Teaching assitants or experience
- Understanding of relevant policies/ codes of practise and awareness of relevant legislation
- General understanding of national / foundation stage curriculum and other basic learning programmes / strategies e.g. early language programmes and phonics
- Basic understanding of child development and learning
- Training in the relevant behaviour strategies e.g. Just Right
- A commitment to raising standards in all areas of school life
- Good understanding of child development and of how children learn KS1
- Commitment to child-centred education
- Good numeracy/literacy skills
- Ability to relate to children and adults and works well in a team
- Ability to use other equipment technology – Ipad, photocopier
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- Has good organisational skills
- Promotes inclusion for all pupils
- Is calm and patient
- Is flexible and able to use own initiative
Applications to be in by Midday, Friday 24 March 2023.
Shortlisting: Friday 24 March 2023
Interviews: Tuesday 28 March 2023
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Lynchet Close, Brighton, BN1 7FP, email: email@example.com
School Office: (01273) 557341
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.