Teaching Assistant (Developed Level)
Gidea Park Primary School
Lodge Avenue, Romford, Essex RM2 5AJ
Telephone: 01708 743801
Headteacher: Miss Pav Sharma
TEACHING ASSISTANT REQUIRED (Developed Level) April 2023
30 hours per week, term time only
Grade: 3 Points 5 - 9
Actual Salary: £17,283 - £18,445 p.a.
Contract: Temporary one-year with a view to a permanent contract in the future if possible
Start Date: 17th April 2023
Gidea Park is a friendly, successful primary school in need of a caring and committed teaching assistant to join our supportive team. In this role, you will be required to work alongside individual children and groups in class and also take the lead in managing small groups of pupils for specific interventions as required. You will also be required to support children with Special Needs on a 1:1 basis and you may be required to carry out intimate care tasks as part of your support role.
Our successful candidate should be confident in working with children across the primary age range [4-11yrs]. To begin with, you will be working in year 1.
- be a dedicated teaching assistant who is able to raise and sustain high standards
- have excellent interpersonal skills with pupils, staff and parents
- be able to enthuse and inspire children
- contribute to a dynamic and hardworking team and work under your own initiative
- be versatile and flexible with a commitment to continuous professional development
- have a strong belief that inclusive practice is key
- have experience of comparable work in a similar setting and hold at least NVQ2 or equivalent
- be confident in your ability to work as part of a team to support children with specific needs
We can offer you:
- a strong community ethos with staff who are friendly and work closely as a team
- a strong commitment to supporting continuous professional development
- a leadership team that values dedicated staff and supports your well-being
- staff who are recognised for their enthusiastic and rigorous approach to teaching and learning
- well-behaved children who thrive in a creative and challenging atmosphere
- parents and carers who are supportive and ambitious for their children
Gidea Park Primary is committed to safeguarding our pupils and staff. This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosures Procedure.
Please either telephone the school office or email if you have any further queries.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 22nd March 2023
Interviews will be held from: Monday 27th March 2023