x3 Assessing Social Worker (Family and Friends )
“Have you got the passion and drive to make positive changes in the lives of children and young people?”
Grade / Salary: Grade 12; £44,814 - £46,857
Grade 14; £47,805 - £49,890
Our family and friends fostering team is growing. We are seeking qualified and experienced Assessing Social Workers to join us and work together in driving the service forward.
The responsibilities include the following, so we ask that you have this experience:
- Experience of working with children and young people and a comprehensive knowledge of legislation relating to Children Looked After.
- The ability to identify and analyse risk, providing a clear evidence base to make clear professional recommendations.
- An ability to be able to work directly with the wider public, foster carers and young people, and be able to produce clear, evidence based and analytical assessments.
- The ability to assimilate information and present clear, concise summaries and present the information well as high quality reports.
- The ability to remain professionally curious while developing effective working relationships while having the confidence to challenge sensitively.
- Experience in completing Kinship assessments and Special Guardianship assessments is desirable.
The role will involve you using a range of systemic ideas in your work, including promoting a practice philosophy which seeks to empower service users, build on individual strengths, and develop strategies which support them to understand, manage and respond to risk.
Benefits of Working With Us
- Highly competitive salary
- A pension scheme with an average employer contribution of 20%
- 31 days annual leave in addition to Bank Holidays
- Accredited Systemic Practice training, years 1 & 2 provided in-house
- A range of CPD opportunities
- Management development programmes
- Manageable caseloads
- Investment into your staff well-being
- Good management support for practitioners, regular supervision, group supervision led by systemic therapists and access to a clinical therapist to support your work directly.
- Hybrid working policy enabling work from home and flexible working approaches to support your work-life balance.
Why Join Us
In Croydon, our Children's Services has an established Systemic Practice model, experienced leaders, and high support for practitioners. Croydon people and staff are diverse, and we celebrate difference through focus on anti-racist and anti-discriminatory practice. We are committed to delivering excellent social work practice and services to our children and families.
As well as this we also offer the following:
- Our teams consist of experienced Social Workers at various levels
- The team arrange meetings weekly to ensure all colleagues have the support required to fulfil their duties, they will use this time to problem solve complex cases
- The ethos at Croydon is very much about working together to make positive change
- Caseloads of Social Workers are manageable for staff within the teams
- You will join an established team who can help you settle in and offer their expertise
- You will have the support of an extremely knowledgeable and understanding manager
- Will have the opportunity to work from home and work flexibly which provides you with more of a work-life balance.
We are looking for confident social workers, who are also:
- Qualified and registered Social Workers / Advanced Social Workers who are Social Work England registered, and have completed your AYSE
- Experienced in making assessments, implementing plans and delivering interventions
- Skilled in managing complex cases and competent in presenting cases in court with demonstrable professionalism and empathy
- Your experience of working in a statutory setting is desirable however not essential
- Excellent written and verbal communications are essential, so too is a creative approach to getting compelling messages across.
x 3 full time 36 hours
To view Assessing social worker role profile please click here
Closing date: 26 March 2023 @11:59pm
Shortlisting will take place WC 27 March 2023
Interviews will take place WC 3 April 2023
Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding Statement
Croydon Council is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Subject to business needs, we will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements and support hybrid working, whereby staff attend the workplace for part of their working week and work from home, or elsewhere, remotely for the rest of the time.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role.
Croydon council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. The Successful candidate will be subject to a DBS c