We are looking for a skilled social work professional to join the Social Work/Assessment & Care Management Services within the Integrated Learning Disabilities Service as a Senior Practitioner. We are a highly successful service which provides seamless health & social care services to people with learning disabilities and their families/carers. We are very proud of our many achievements, which include:
- Excellent integrated working across health & social care professions
- Exceptionally low numbers of admissions to residential care with over 85% of people living in settled accommodation
- Well embedded person centred and personalised approaches
- High numbers of direct payments with good outcome focused & person-centred care & support plans
- Award winning transition arrangements
- Excellent track record in avoiding admissions to Assessment & Treatment Units in line with the Transforming Care Programme
- Externally validated high quality safeguarding arrangements
- Commended Court of Protection work
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about improving the lives of people with learning disabilities and who is committed to working with a wide range of partners to deliver high quality social care services. The successful candidate will have:
- Significant experience in managing complex case work.
- Excellent knowledge of safeguarding adult’s legislation and practice in line with Making Safeguarding Personal
- An ability to coach, advise and support practice development of less experienced and unqualified social workers.
- A positive attitude to challenges, demonstrating a problem-solving approach
- An ability to work in an integrated health and social care setting
- A social work qualification and Social Work England registration
It is particularly important that you share our values. We will want you to demonstrate how you will ensure that we remain person centred, how we can support people to develop their strengths in order to maximise their choice and control over their lives whilst effectively managing risks.
Contact Details -
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Laura Sowkhee on 020 8132 2357 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
If you have previously applied for this role within the past 6 months, unfortunately, a second application will not be considered.
We do not see your name or title when shortlisting your application. This is one of many initiatives to build a more talented and diverse workforce. However, if you put your name on your CV or Statement it will be visible to us. For this reason, we ask that you do not include your name on these documents. Please note it is your responses to the Essential/Desirable criteria that will determine if you are shortlisted for an interview, therefore we encourage you to always address the essential and desirable criteria in your application.