Assistant Finance Manager (AFM)
£48,867 - £51,903 pa
We are looking to recruit to an Assistant Finance Manager position in the Finance Team supporting the following area:
- Finance Business Partnering (Adults and Public Health)
The Job Description includes generic details of the purpose and responsibilities of an AFM role. Specific areas of responsibility for this position include:
- Provide specialist advice, accounting, financial challenge and guidance for the Adults and Public Health Directorate.
- Contribute to sound financial modelling to support ambitious commissioning intentions, social care reform planning and strategic decision-making
- Develop robust long-term financial forecasts and sustainable budget plans
- Maintain modelling, forecasting and analytics tools to assist with the management of social care packages and placements
- Play a key role in a small team proving a full range of finance services to the Adults and Public Health budget holders and senior leadership, including Cabinet Members.
Successful applicants will be fully CCAB qualified or actively working towards CCAB qualification. You will have experience managing change and be comfortable working in a local government setting. You will confidently work with senior figures as well as having the people management skills to manage more junior staff. You will be able to nurture and develop talent within the finance team.
- In order to apply, you need to be either CCAB qualified, or actively working towards a qualification
Knowledge and experience
- Ability to work confidently and accurately with numerical data.
- Excellent written and oral/presentation skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to analyse data/information with a view to drawing logical and accurate conclusions.
Behaviours and personal qualities
- Work in an agile way in line with a paperless and flexible work environment.
- Customer service focus
- Working as an effective member of a team
- Able to adapt and play a leading role in cultural and process change.
- Able to confidently present financial information in a meaningful way to a specific audience.
Please View Assistant Finance Manager Job Description
Please view Assistant Finance Manager jd
closing date 11/12/22
We are committed to creating an inclusive, anti-racist environment for all. When you apply for a job at Newham, your application is considered on its merits regardless of your age, disability, ethnicity, faith, gender identity or sexual orientation. If you share our vision and values, and you bring the experience and skills we need, that’s all that matters to us.
The London Borough of Newham has important responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. If you are appointed to a job that involves working with these groups, you may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.
We practice anonymised recruitment. Please ensure that you remove all personal information from any documents that you upload.