Salary: Scale point 6 £32,089 – £34,918 (Pro Rata £28,427 to £30,933)
Required: January 2023 or as soon as possible thereafter
Contract/Duration: Permanent, Term Time only - plus 2 additional weeks
Hours: 36 hours per week, 9:00am - 5:00pm – negotiable
Location: SE3 0XX, Blackheath, London Borough of Lewisham
We have a fantastic opportunity to appoint a committed and ambitious Office Manager here at St Matthew Academy, a high performing school where pupils flourish both academically and socially. In October 2019 Ofsted confirmed SMA as a good school where all pupils, through their hard work and commitment, are able to ‘let their light shine’. We are now on the next stage of the journey to becoming a truly great school at the heart of the community we serve.
-Do you want a job where no day is ever the same, within a fast paced all through academy environment?
-Are you ready to lead an administration team and supervise the day-to-day work of the Academy office?
-Can you contribute towards planning, development and organisation of the support service systems and able to implement new ideas to improve efficiency?
If yes, then we would like to offer you the opportunity to work with us here at St Matthew Academy. We are now on the next stage of the journey to becoming a truly great school at the heart of the community we serve.
The successful candidate will be:
· Have minimum of two years’ experience in school administration
· Be reliable and able to use time management skills effectively
· Have experience of using school administrative systems including SIMS
· Be fully competent in the use of IT packages which must include Microsoft Office
· Have excellent interpersonal skills, be highly motivated and have the ability to work well under pressure
· Be an excellent communicator in both verbal and written communication
· Be friendly and approachable with a welcoming and professional manner
· Be able to demonstrate the ability to work effectively and contribute positively within a team environment
· Be genuinely committed and passionate to ensuring high expectations for pupils, staff and themselves in sympathy with our Catholic ethos
St Matthew Academy is a diverse, vibrant Catholic all-through academy for girls and boys aged 4 to 16, where there are high expectations for everyone in our community. At St Matthew Academy our school motto is ‘let your light shine’ and we ensure that we live this vision every day at the academy by encouraging, promoting and celebrating success with all of our pupils in everything that they do. Our academy is situated between Blackheath and Lewisham in South East London, benefiting from excellent public transport and road links to all parts of London and Kent. Our magnificent buildings offer state of the art resources and the latest technology. Our primary and secondary phases are situated on one site allowing a truly unique all through setting with opportunities for transition, collegiate working and subject development.
· Fantastic pupils with enormous potential
· Staff who are supportive to each other and enjoy working collaboratively
· Personalised programme of professional development and coaching for all staff including a highly rated IMPACT programme for all teachers and a July 1st start date for ECTs
· A modern building, in a delightful setting and excellent resources
· Excellent public transport and road links across London and Kent
· Fully equipped gym and fitness suite, Season Ticket Loan, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle-to-work scheme, Tech Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme
· A strong commitment to staff well-being
We value the importance of diversity in our community and the significance of having staff that are representative of the children we teach. We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are currently under represented within the Academy.
Our school motto is ‘let your light shine’ and we ensure that we live this vision every day.
How to apply:
To apply, you are required to complete our school application form. Please request an application pack from Ellie Field at email@example.com or call Ellie on 0207 259 8770 for more information. Your application is a permanent application to our school (not through agency), Hays is our recruitment partner for all permanent appointments.
Closing: 12 noon on Tuesday 6th December 2022
Interviews: Expected to take place WB 12th December 2022. Early applicants will be considered for interview as soon as application is received
*Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early for this role. The school reserves the right to close this advert early should the right candidate be found.