An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical & Electrical Technical Surveyor to join our team. You will oversee day-to-day fulfilment of work from initial instruction to handover, through regular inspections of Mechanical & Electrical activities including but not limited to the following:
• Fixed wiring electrical testing
• Electrical upgrade and project work
• Boiler installations, (both domestic and commercial)
• Heating system repairs
• Planned preventative maintenance.
As a Mechanical & Electrical Technical Surveyor you will:
- Supervise, monitor, and keep accurate records of progress on site, including a record of any variations, snagging and health and safety records
- Accurately update Orchard and APEX on the progress of all jobs and record and acknowledge all customer contacts, complaint details, actions and learning points on CRM
- Where necessary, obtain quotations and estimates, in accordance with our procurement procedures
- Ensure delivery of M&E works without defects by taking ownership for correction prior to works completion and handover to client
- Undertake the management of contractors and consultants
- Monitor and report on performance and progress to ensure relevant stakeholders are informed, highlighting any deviation from the schedule and taking corrective action where necessary.
What you’ll require:
- Competent knowledge of BS7671 IET Wiring Regulations (18th Edition) (Desirable), Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 and The Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999.
- Formal technical qualification such as NVQ/City and Guilds/HNC in one or more of: building services engineering, plumbing, electrical installations, or gas Accredited Certification Scheme.
- Experience of working in a Mechanical & Electrical trade, Clerk of Works or other capacity.
- Be attentive to detail when checking work and materials
- Have a thorough understanding of the Gas Industry Unsafe Situations Procedure and the relevant classifications used.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in written reports.
- Ability to use the appropriate IT tools and systems to produce reports, documents, emails, including using Excel and Word to compile reports for different audiences.
- Ability to communicate answers and solutions confidently to customers/colleagues face to face, by phone and by writing in customer friendly language.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 16th October 2022 at 23:59pm.
What's in it for you
• Life assurance
• Healthcare cash plan
• Eyecare & dental
• Birthday leave
• Retailers discounts
• Cycle to work
• Buy & sell annual leave
• Season ticket loan
• In-house academy & career development
• Flexible working
Optivo is a growing organisation that is customer and colleague focussed. We are preparing for our forthcoming merger with Southern Housing Group. We are planning the merger to take place in January 2023.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual. We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.