Head of Leader and Cabinet Office
Salary: £39,531 - £50,568 pa
Perm, full time contract
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a new Head of the Leader and Cabinet Office. The successful candidate will have proven experience of working with senior politicians in a public sector organisation, helping to develop policy and deliver strategic objectives. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of the issues facing local government and the political landscape nationally. They will be able to support elected members and senior Council officers and will have a collaborative and value driven approach to the role and manage a small team of officers to help deliver this support. This is a permanent role, working full time. Remote and flexible working will be possible but the work will largely be based at the Civic Centre in Enfield. Some attendance at evening meetings will be required.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: 23:59 on Wednesday 12th October 2022
Interview Date: TBC
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Temi Bolorunduro on 0204 526 7153 or email@example.com
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Claire Johnson on 0208 132 1154 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion.