Earn up to £69,084 in your first year as a social work Team Manager here in Brent !
Salary range: £53,793 - £57,084 p.a. inc.
- A £7500 ‘golden hello’ for managers in frontline Localities teams.
- An annual retention payment of £4500 for these roles
Hours of work: 36 hours per week
Location: Civic centre and Willesden office
There has never been a better time to join our Localities service as a Social Work Team Manager
We are an Ofsted rated “Good” authority with an “Outstanding” grading for the services we provide children in care and care leavers
As we emerge from Covid we’ve we’ve consulted with our workers and listened to their suggestions about how we develop our services.. We’ ve gained agreement for substantial additional resources to greatly improve the working conditions for our staff and the quality of services which we provide.
This will mean smaller teams with lower caseloads and a commitment to flexible working that will enable staff to enjoy a positive work / life balance.
Team Manager roles are available in Localities in our new Short Term (Referral and Assessment) teams and Long Term (Family Support) teams.
For more information, please visit: www.brent.gov.uk/socialworkbrent
We are building a bright future for our children and their families and we would love you to be part of it. Our ambitious career development scheme, well-established practice framework and tailored training programmes for managers are examples of Brent’s continuous support to grow the potential of our staff. Our smaller team structure comes with manageable caseloads and practice consultants who will lead on key practice developments. These changes will support social workers to deliver high quality practice which is relationship based and genuinely reflective.
Our team managers work within a friendly and supportive management group which is in turn supported by a fully permanent senior management team.
Brent is a great place to work. The borough is also one of the most culturally diverse in the UK. With great transport links, the huge ongoing regeneration of Wembley Park and the Iconic Wembley Stadium Brent is a borough on the up. Add to this our award as Council of the Year in 2020 and you can see why now is the time to join us.
Our Team Managers:
- Are hard working, creative and aspirational individuals who lead their teams by example,
- They have excellent communication skills and can create genuine partnerships with children and parents.
- Have experience of managing social workers and are passionate about supporting staff to achieve their career potential in Brent.
- Are able to sustain high performance in their teams within agreed budgets.
- Can work in partnership with other agencies to provide effective and coordinated responses to the needs of our children and families.
Our benefits and support package to staff is extensive, comparing favourably with other London boroughs. We offer:
- For Team Managers in Localities Teams (undertaking assessments, CIN, CP work), a £7500 ‘golden hello’.
- Competitive starting salaries plus a retention payment of £4500 per year.
- Manageable caseloads of around 15 per worker in our long term teams.
- A choice of short term or long term teams, both operating a small team model, supported by social work practice consultants who ensure reflective practice is embedded.
- A practice framework that provides sturdy roots and areas for you to grow your practice.
- Excellent training opportunities. Our learning opportunities are designed to enhance direct social work practice through the Brent Practice Framework.
- A career progression policy that maps out how you will grow your career in Brent – from ASYE to senior management roles.
- Probably the best supportive technology amongst London local authorities – through the use of iPhones and laptops.
- A modern and vibrant work environment within Wembley Park or our brand new office in Willesden.
- A culture of flexible working that reduces barriers for effective working – supported by technology and other resources such as Zipcars.
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- A host of other rewards and benefits such as a childcare deposit loan scheme, reduced cost gym membership, cycle to work scheme plus many more.
We look forward to receiving your application.
If you have any queries, please contact the recruitment team at email@example.com
Closing date: 23 October 2022 (23:00)