Role: Facilities Assistant
Required: Immediate Start
Contract/Duration: Full Time, 52 weeks per year
Hours: Hours: 36 hours per week, mixed shifts of either 6:30am - 2:30pm or 11:15am to 7:15pm
Salary: Scale 3, Spinal Column Points 7 - 10: £22,682 to £23,882 per annum
Location: London Borough of Lewisham, London
We are currently seeking an individual with a clear commitment to supporting and developing the vision for this academy. As a Facilities Assistant you will be committed to the highest achievement and take responsibility for your daily duties.
In selecting a Facilities Assistant to join our team, we are looking for a dedicated and hard-working individual; someone who understands that keeping our premises and facilities maintained to the highest standards is key to our success.
St Matthew Academy is a high performing school where pupils flourish both academically and socially and benefit from state of the art facilities in a modern, light, airy and well maintained building. In October 2019 Ofsted confirmed SMA as a good school where all pupils, through their hard work and commitment, are able to ‘let their light shine’. We are now on the next stage of the journey to becoming a truly great school at the heart of the community we serve. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to make a major contribution to the Academy’s continued success.
The successful candidate will:
- Be well organised and able to support teaching
- Have extremely high expectations for themselves
- Be keen to take a full and active role in the life of the school
- Be friendly and approachable with a welcoming and professional manner
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to work effectively and contribute positively within a team environment
- Be genuinely committed and passionate to ensuring high expectations for pupils, staff and themselves in sympathy with our Catholic ethos
- Fantastic pupils with enormous potential
- Staff who are supportive to each other and enjoy working collaboratively
- Personalised programme of professional development and coaching for all staff
- A modern building, in a delightful setting and excellent resources
- Excellent public transport and road links across London and Kent
- Fully equipped gym and fitness suite, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle-to-work scheme, Tech Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme
- A strong commitment to staff well-being
We value the importance of diversity in our community and the significance of having staff that are representative of the children we teach. We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are currently under represented within the Academy.
Our school motto is ‘let you light shine’ and we ensure that we live this vision every day.
How to apply
To apply please complete an application form and monitoring form, and return them to HR@stmatthewacademy.co.uk.
Closing Date: Friday 14th October 2022
Interviews: Expected to take place WB Monday 17th October 2022. Early applicants will be considered for interview as soon as application is received