About Waltham Forest
It’s an exciting time to join the London Borough of Waltham Forest as a Practice Manager. We are transforming our services to provide high quality person-centred care and support that needs forward thinking Practice Managers. We’ll look to you to help us deliver great outcomes for adult social care users, carers, families, and the wider community, through dynamic care management and excellent social work practice. We are a supportive, challenging and inspirational team, striving towards the shared purpose of achieving independence, choice and the best possible results for our service users. Join us and you will help us to become a centre of excellence and best practice, building on the strong foundations we have laid. In return for your hard work, we will give you the time and active support you need to make a difference. Promoting creativity is at the heart of our agenda to develop our service further, and means you will be encouraged to share ideas, to bring about positive change and strive to continuously improve outcomes for the adults accessing the service.
About the Role
The Practice Manager position will sit under the Adult Review Team, who work with adults aged 18 and over, to complete annual reassessments and reviews. As a Practice Manager within this remit, your role will be to support Social Workers and Social Work Assistants to manage their caseloads, providing expertise and advice to manage risks, identify solutions and advance the quality of work the team achieves. Your day-to-day responsibilities may include:
- Supporting the team through having oversight of their practice, providing regular supervisions, case discussions and quality assurance.
- Working collaboratively with internal departments, Health Services, Partners, Statutory and Non-Statutory organisations to secure a holistic approach to Assessment, Safeguarding and Care Planning.
- Identifying knowledge and service gaps within the team to ensure that quality, standards, and high levels of professional practice is achieved and sustained.
- Be able to manage your own small case load with your other practice manager tasks
About the Team
The Adult Review Team was established in May 2020 and sits under Quality Assurance. The Review Team works in partnership with all the services in Adult Social Care, particularly the Adult Care Management Team. The Review Team hold statutory responsibilities for Safeguarding, Reviews and Support Planning.
You will have access to regular team meetings and peer support, as well as regular Supervisions from the Team Manager, to enable you to develop your skill sets and knowledge regarding your role and career progression. The Adult Review Team, work Monday – Friday, covering core hours of 09:00 – 17:15 each day. If you have any queries in relation to the post, you can contact
Jenny Clark: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Erlacher: email@example.com
To apply, you should be a qualified Social Worker, with a current Social Work England Registration and at least 2 years post-qualified experience. We anticipate that an applicant will have the following aptitudes / ability to demonstrate:
- An in-depth knowledge of the Care Act (2014), Mental Capacity Act (2005) and other statutory legislation that governs Adult Social Care practice, regulations, Case Law, and informed best-practice.
- Knowledge and skills to advise on, Safeguarding, DoLS / LPS and support staff with more complex reviews.
- Previous experience of providing Supervision to Social Workers and Social Care Assistants.
- Good IT Skills, as well as excellent verbal, and written communication.
- An in-depth knowledge of the Financial Implications for a Local Authority when considering and / or reviewing a commissioned care provision. As well as the ability to enable a worker to consider other resources such as S117 Rights, Continuing Health Care, Community Resources and Assistive Technology to meet needs.