Access Islington Advisors are essential in delivering a seamless resident experience through Islington’s ‘front door’ by offering a Strength’s Based approach to local people, families and communities whilst also having the resources available to identify and provide a wrap-around support to those who need it most.
The Access Islington Advisor role will support local people and families by connecting them into the community and to other areas of the council using a triage function. Staff will be empowered to work collaboratively with other services to embed prevention and early intervention into our approach whilst having quality strengths-based conversations to allow a seamless resident experience through Islington’s ‘front door’.
In line with the Resident Experience Business Case, the role will be to support residents to access services by signposting to self-serve for those that can, supporting residents with assisted self-serve, whilst embedding strengths based conversations to support remaining residents with complex needs who will require a more wrap-around support package.
The role will require Access Islington Advisors to build rapport and have strengths based quality conversations with residents that explore their holistic needs, whilst making every contact count based on the residents needs and experiences. The role will also need to maintain awareness of the support in the community that can be used to support residents by working closely with the Community and Voluntary Community Sector (VCS).
Access Islington Advisors will be required to work flexibly among all areas of Access Islington’s services – including in the new Fairer Together Hubs and what is currently Front of House, Cashiers, Access Team and Parking.
In line with the Resident Experience Programme and its objectives, Access Islington Advisors provide a holistic service through a multi-channel environment whilst empowering residents to self-serve, getting things done quickly and efficiently, so that we can preserve valuable resources to provide a tailored offer to those who need it the most.
Closing date: Sunday 16th October 2022 at 23:59
Interview date: 24th/25th October 2022
For an informal discussion please contact Sue Marshall | Access Islington Head of Access | 020 7527 3956
- Signpost into the community and/or other council services, where appropriate, whilst also encouraging the use of self-serve for those that can and to support others with assisted self-serve.
- To partake in quality conversations with service users by offering support with presenting need but also the underlying needs and issues using a strengths-based approach by making every contact count.
- To work collaboratively with other services to embed prevention and early intervention into our approach to ensure those with more complex needs are provided with a wrap-around support package.
- To deal with complex enquiries across all access channels i.e. telephone, face-to-face, email and written correspondence in accordance with customer care strategies and corporate policy. To be sensitive to the needs of different customer groups, ensuring rapid and appropriate responses for customers who may be distressed, irate and aggressive, and including those with more complex needs.
- To deal with all customer interactions in a polite, friendly and efficient manner.
- To use the relevant technology systems to provide high quality accurate advice.
- To be readily identifiable as an Access Islington Advisor. To comply at all times with the dress code and/or to wear the uniform provided.
- To maintain records and produce statistics where necessary.
- To correctly handle in-coming post and link correspondence with existing files and to register applications for financial assistance from customers on the Corporate CRM within agreed timescales.
- To monitor personal performance in terms of agreed personal work targets.
- To comply with the Council’s policies and procedures and ensure the confidentiality of customer information.
- To attend training relevant to the purpose of the role.
- To carry out other duties which are in line with the purpose and grade of the post.
- To be an effective and productive member of a front line, customer focused team, contributing to meetings, team building, and continuous improvement.
- To handle, process, and record payments by cash, cheque and credit cards.
- To encourage customers to use all the facilities provided in the service and assist them in accessing information and services through digital channels, where possible.
- Ensure all customer details are identified and recorded accurately on the relevant computer systems.
- To work to a consistently high standard, and on own initiative, complying with systems developed to demonstrate quality, including external assessment and customer feedback.
- To contribute to reviews of working practices and readily adopt new ways of working.
- To participate in sharing knowledge and skills, carrying out routine training for new staff on systems and end to end processes.
- To demonstrate imagination, initiative, diplomacy and resilience in an environment that can be both demanding and stressful.
- To keep up-to-date with services provided by the council and organisational policy and legal changes to ensure up-to-date information is provided to customers.
- To organise, categorise and communicate complex information across a range of disciplines and undertake calculations to compile statistics and performance information.
- To liaise with the staff of other departments, external organisations and to attend meetings as required to continuously improve services.
- To contribute towards the overall service objectives and targets of the service.
- To deal face to face with difficult situations and enquiries, including unresolved enquiries referred from other agents, demonstrating specialisation skills.
- Proficiency in using all management and information systems and to keep up to date on current issues affecting development of the service.
- Acquiring an in-depth knowledge of Council services, relevant technology and practices.
- To multi-task and cover all agent roles within the Service.
- Deputise for Team Manager.