Planning Policy Lead - Deputy Team Manager
Fixed Term 2 Years
MM1 £39,531 - £50,568
This is an exciting time for London Borough of Enfield. The Council is planning for unprecedented growth and development, but a key corporate and political priority is to ensure that growth is appropriately located and managed. In the preparation of the statutory local plan and other planning documents, the plan making team is at the heart in securing good growth for the borough.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced spatial planner with management and experience of dealing with complex planning policy matters. You should be able to provide advice and support to senior officers and Members of the Council with particular regard to planning policy, strategy and growth. You will also be a Chartered member of the RTPI, with considerable experience, incorporating expertise from a range of professional disciplines and able to comply with statutory and corporate requirements.
You will be ambitious for new opportunities and want to work as part of dynamic and friendly team to help meet the Council’s ambitions. This role is key for the delivery of the Council’s strategic corporate priorities. Working for us you will have the opportunity to make a real difference for our residents.
Excellent negotiation skills and a flexible approach to work are essential to this post.
Investing in people is important to us, so we offer dedicated training and career development.
If you’re looking for an exciting challenge in a flexible, modern and accommodating working culture, come and join us on our journey.
The plan making team is at the heart of the wider Planning service, a multi-disciplinary division dealing with development planning, built and natural heritage, place-making, infrastructure and S106 and CIL. We work in a modern office environment in the heart of Enfield Town.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing on Friday 14th October 2022 at 23:59pm
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed
To apply, please click on the link below