Assistant Finance Manager (AFM)
£46,638 - £49,674 pa
We are looking to recruit to an Assistant Finance Manager position in the Finance Team supporting the following area:
- Financial Strategy (Capital)
The Job Description includes generic details of the purpose and responsibilities of an AFM role. Specific areas of responsibility for this position include:
- Support on developing the Capital Strategy and programme management principles to enable the setting, development, monitoring and delivery of the capital programme
- Involved in all capital elements of year-end/accounts closure work and support the audit process for capital, ensuring all working papers are of the highest standard, and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and external audit.
- Production of periodic management reporting to Strategic Investment Board, CMT and Cabinet
- Provide expert professional advice on a wide variety of subjects falling within the capital area including CIL, s106, capital grants, HRA, strategic commercial investment and estate regeneration as well as technical accounting.
- Develop systems and processes to improve Capital decision making to maximise impact of finite financial resources to deliver Council Priorities.
- In order to apply, you need to be either CCAB qualified, or actively working towards a qualification
Knowledge and experience
- Ability to work confidently and accurately with numerical data.
- Excellent written and oral/presentation skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to analyse data/information with a view to drawing logical and accurate conclusions.
Behaviours and personal qualities
- Work in an agile way in line with a paperless and flexible work environment.
- Customer service focus
- Working as an effective member of a team
- Able to adapt and play a leading role in cultural and process change.
- Able to confidently present financial information in a meaningful way to a specific audience.
Please view Assistant Finance Manager jd
Closing date: 07.10.2022 at 23:59
We are committed to creating an inclusive, anti-racist environment for all. When you apply for a job at Newham, your application is considered on its merits regardless of your age, disability, ethnicity, faith, gender identity or sexual orientation. If you share our vision and values, and you bring the experience and skills we need, that’s all that matters to us.
The London Borough of Newham has important responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. If you are appointed to a job that involves working with these groups, you may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.
We practice anonymised recruitment. Please ensure that you remove all personal information from any documents that you upload.