Arborist Level 4
Permanent, Full Time
Scale 4: £23,400 - £25,128
Enfield’s Tree team is growing, and we have a number of vacancies to fill.
By joining our team, you will become involved in all aspects of tree management in particular climbing large specimen trees and carrying out specialist tree surgery works and tree felling. Therefore, you will hold levels of qualification enabling you to climb and work at height, use chainsaws up a tree, and use specialist industrial arboricultural machinery.
You add value because you are an excellent team player, able to nurture productive relationships and focus on solutions when presented with barriers.
In return, Enfield Council offers a wide range of benefits to all employees including a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, and final salary pension scheme.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing on Thursday 29th September 2022 at 23:59pm
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Iona MacKinnon on 020 4526 5336 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Andy Robinson on 020 8132 1723 for an informal discussion.