Commercial and Procurement Manager (Major Works)
Full time, Secondment/Fixed term ( Up to 12 months)
Salary MM2 £48, 801 - £62,421
We have an exciting secondment opportunity to join the Major Works Team on the delivery of the Council’s high-profile building safety, decency and sustainability programmes over the next 12-month period, to a value of circa £40 million.
These projects will have a significant impact on improving homes across the borough and delivering safe, secure, decent and sustainable homes to hundreds of residents.
The successful candidate will be required to lead the commercial team and will be able to manage and motivate colleagues. You must be an experienced commercial manager with an extensive knowledge of construction contracts. This role involves an in-depth knowledge of contract management and delivering works within the budgetary constraints ensuring value for money and ensuring the Council’s resources are maximised to ensure as many schemes as possible can be delivered.
In this role you will be required to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders and external organisations. Existing knowledge of the Public Contract Regulations and public sector procurement governance structures are integral to this role.
Significant experience working for a local authority or social landlord organisation is desirable.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight 6th October 2022
Interview date:12th October 2022
To apply please click on the apply button below
This role requires that you upload 2 documents.
• A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
• Your CV.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or Oley.email@example.com
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Kerrie Mitchell 020 8078 5953 or 0780091 4642