An exciting opportunity for Full time, Part time and Fixed Term Contracts within the Essex Outreach Service.
Peabody is contracted to provide an Outreach Support Service across Essex. We provide housing related support to customers who live within the Essex area.
The service hours are Monday to Friday 8am until 6pm. Evening and weekend support sessions are available by appointment only. Please note there is no personal care involved with this role.
The primary function of Outreach Support is providing targeted and time limited support.
Homelessness prevention is now a key theme for the ‘Future of Essex Vision’
Peabody Essex Outreach Service support the delivery of this aim by working with customers to:
- Develop and maintain skills to live independently.
- Successfully sustain their tenancy and prevent homelessness.
- Manage finances including access to benefits and budgeting advice.
- Ensure that they are not at risk of anti-social behaviour.
- Access a range of support services and community facilities to meet their needs including health care, mental health support, advocacy, specialist drug, alcohol or offender services, re-settlement, mentoring and social/leisure activities.
- Build on their individual strengths and assets to achieve the outcomes that matter to them in their move to independence.
- Improve their health and wellbeing.
- Access training, education, employment and volunteering opportunities.
- Access peer mentoring, and establish or re-establish positive relationships that can assist with preventing social isolation.
The Service covers the county of Essex and there is an expectation of travel across districts to meet service needs, business insurance is mandatory.
This current vacancies will be covering the Essex area - Basildon, Castle Point, Rochford, Tendring, Colchester and Braintree.
A full driving licence is required and business insurance is essential in order for mileage allowance to be claimed.
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.