This role is a great opportunity for an experienced rent and service charge manager to join a growing organisation as part of the Property Accounts Team (rent and service charges).
This role will be responsible for managing a Property Accounts Team in setting all rent and service charges across the entire portfolio and ensuring the highest customer service to both internal and external customers ranging from general needs to supported housing to market rents/intermediate market rents and leasehold/freehold housing. The units themselves comprise a number of sites and site types ranging from Victorian street properties to single and multiple block estates.
The role of the Property Accounts Manager will be to ensure the effective management of property accounts with a focus on the customer, leading by demonstrating and encouraging appropriate behaviour, and maintaining clarity and accessibility of information.
To maintain ownership of data in the Rent and Service Charge systems and develop and support a culture using enhanced data, insight and analytics to actively engage with residents in delivering service excellence and improve customer experience.
To motivate and develop the staff under your responsibility to establish a high performing, customer focused team.
To adhere to the Group’s Rent Policy and Plan, ensuring compliance with RSH guidelines and regulatory frameworks.
To set and monitor service charges through regular variance reporting, ensuring value for money is obtained both for tenants and the organisation, driving maximum recoverability whilst maintaining effective customer engagement.
- Proven track record and thorough understanding of the technical and policy issues and implications arising from managing rent and service charges in a complex business.
- Strong understanding of the housing regulatory framework for landlords with a particular focus on knowledge around the Rent Standard as well as a up to date knowledge of regulations (Landlord and Tenant Act 1985) and best practice around fixed and variable service charges.
- Experience of delivering a Team Work Plan so that all activity is completed to agreed quality and timescales using SMART performance indicators.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Experience of line managing, developing and motivating a multi skilled team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Significant experience of the production of leaseholder/freeholder final accounts
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
- IT literate with excellent excel skills and competent in the use of financial, and other, database systems including an integrated housing management system.
- Experience using Trace Solution (Tramps/Bluebox) accounting software advantageous.
- Degree educated or equivalent with at least 10 years work experience managing a team in a rent and service charge environment.
- Part qualified preferred, as a minimum educated to AAT level accounting standards.
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.