The post is a fixed term for 12months covering maternity leave.
About Waltham Forest
It’s an exciting time to join the London Borough of Waltham Forest as a Social Worker . We are transforming our services to provide high quality person-centred care and support that needs forward thinking Social Workers. We’ll look to you to help us deliver great outcomes for adult social care users, carers, families, and the wider community, through dynamic care management and excellent social work practice. Waltham Forest have excellent opportunities for passionate, qualified, Social workers to join their Adult Learning Disability Team.
About the Role
The Adult Learning Disability is co-located with the integrated health team. As a social worker you will be responsible for case managing longer-term, complex caseloads. The Adult Learning disability Teams hold statutory responsibilities for Safeguarding, Reviews and Support Planning. Successful applicants are likely to receive a hybrid caseload of both type of work.
The Adult Learning Disability Team, work with adults aged 18 and over, to identify and care plan for eligible Social Care and Support needs. Your role will be to manage your own complex caseload, with the support of a Practice Manager and Team Manager.
Your day-to-day responsibilities may include:
- Working collaboratively with internal departments, Health Services, Partners, Statutory and Non-Statutory organisations to secure a holistic approach to Assessment, Safeguarding and Care Planning.
- Conducting Care Act (2014) compliant Assessments, Reviews and Support Plans which seek to promote, retain, and maximise independence where safe and possible to do so.
- Conducting S.42 Safeguarding Enquiries.
- Provide person-centred services to vulnerable adults that focus on evidence-based and best practice.
- Provide professional advice and guidance to colleagues and partner agencies supporting vulnerable people
- Maintain properly documented case files, records, and information. Prepare reports as required.
- Proactively develop professional knowledge, skills, and behaviours.
- All opportunities to prevent, reduce and delay access to social care services are taken
To apply, you should have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar statutory role or be able to demonstrate transferrable skills to meet the needs of this this post. You will need to have a current registration with Social Work England and provide your Registration Number. We anticipate that an applicant will have the following aptitudes and ability to demonstrate these:
- Knowledge and experience of issues relating to people in need, including relevant legislation, guidance & procedures
- Experience of service delivery which is culturally sensitive and responsive to the needs of a multi-cultural community
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work under regular supervision from a line manager
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to prioritise work and risks.
- Ability to ensure Performance Indicators relating to service areas are met
- Ability to participate in change effectively
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing, and to follow through required actions
- Commitment to the participation of vulnerable people and their families both at an individual and service level
- Detailed working knowledge of the Care Act 2014 and other relevant legislation, procedures and guidance relating to children and families
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of the financial implications for a Local Authority when commissioning care and support to meet needs and an awareness of how to consider other funding streams / means of meeting needs.
- Awareness of current issues in care and support policy and practice
How to Apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please email email@example.com so we can arrange an alternative.
For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.