Peabody’s is looking for a Data Quality Lead to fill this challenging leadership role within the Finance directorate. This person will add significant value by helping us to continue to improve business processes and data products. The role requires excellent applied science and math skills, written and verbal communication skills, and the natural ability to network and build effective relationships across the organisation, as well as a passion for collaboration and data.
Purpose of the role:
Responsible for the day-to-day management and development of the data quality programme of work in our Finance Directorate. This programme includes qualitative data analysis for informing the work, quantitative analysis for finding root cause problems in data products, small projects management, acting as a data quality subject matter expert, building and administering PowerPlatform® tools to help us improve data quality at scale, continued development of the company’s data maturity.
- You have either 1) a master's degree, or 2) a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a research/scientific field (including social sciences) with experience in applied science or finance.
- You have experience of analysing qualitative and quantitative data and are comfortable with both
- You understand the connections between business processes/research methods and data quality, and
- You have enough experience in business or charitable work that you understand the value of data and the various applications of its use
- You have strong interpersonal and communication (written and spoken) skills, able to effectively converse with both data quality technical and Finance colleagues
- You are excellent with technical documentation and keep your work well-documented and updated
- You can document data models and schema
- You can use the terms “algorithm”, “meta data”, “machine learning”, “the cloud” and “missingness” correctly in communications and can explain them to non-statisticians
- You have some experience with machine learning and are keen to develop practices in a data quality sphere
- You have significant experience (and enjoy) teaching others in various ways (for example: in a formal classroom, or in Meetups®, or as a trainer), and
- You enjoy learning even more and have a strong track record of personal development
- You are comfortable creating tools in the Microsoft PowerPlatform, to include: PowerAutomate, PowerBI, and PowerApps.
- You are the first type of person described by the saying: “There are two types of people in the world: those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets”
- Most importantly, you are resilient and comfortable thinking and working as part of a team.
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.