School Business Manager
Full Time (36 hours, 52 weeks)
PO3-PO5 (£40,155-£49,428) (negotiable subject to experience)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional School Business Manager (SBM) to join our wonderful school. You will be joining an outstanding team in a friendly and supportive environment.
Woodlane High School is a successful purpose-built community special school for pupils aged 11-16 years. In May 2019 OFSTED graded Woodlane as an Outstanding school.
The Governing Body are looking to appoint an inspirational and self-motivated SBM to this varied and interesting position. If you are a dynamic, committed, and enthusiastic SBM who wants to make a difference to the lives and outcomes of Woodlane pupils we welcome your application.
Our SBM is responsible for managing the strategy and operation of the business functions of the school, including financial management, health and safety, human resources, compliance and administration.
The successful candidate will:
- Act as a member of the Senior Leadership team, working with SLT to lead and manage the school, ensuring that the school maintains and develops high quality educational provision in line with its aims and ethos and develop a strong relationship with the Governing Body, SLT and all school staff to ensure good communication and working practices.
- Lead and be responsible for the full line management of various teams including the admin and site care, taking particular responsibility for financial strategy, quality staffing and the development and management of the premises.
- Take particular responsibility for the provision of administrative and human resource functions and systems to support the school in its work of raising pupil achievement, attainment and attendance. This includes full line management of up to 7 staff in various service areas.
- Be responsible for the preparation and presentation of key reports and documentation to the Headteacher and Governing Body to facilitate effective decision making.
- Take responsibility for the school's Health & Safety Policy ensuring it is implemented, monitored and developed in order to meet all relevant legislation.
- Develop links with relevant agencies such as other schools, Local Authorities, funding bodies etc. to help deliver the school's strategic priorities.
The school is able to offer you:
- A bright and modern school.
- Excellent opportunities for personal professional development.
- A friendly and supportive staff team, dedicated to improving pupils’ life chances.
- A management team that encourages team working, innovation and encourages staff to use solution-based thinking.
- An experienced administration team.
- A school ethos which celebrates achievement and encourages respect for others.
You are strongly encouraged to visit the school.
For further information please contact Brigid Simmons, School Business Manager on 020 8743 5668 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Woodlane High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Staff and governors are committed to the safeguarding and child protection of our children. An enhanced DBS disclosure will therefore be required for successful candidates. We will also require verified references, photographic identification and any necessary overseas eligibility to work in the UK.
The closing date for applications: Wednesday 28th September 2022 at 09.00.
Shortlisting planned for: Wednesday 28th September 2022
Interviews planned for: Tuesday 4th October 2022.
Position to start: ASAP