Paid weeks per year: 52
Fixed term: 1 year maternity cover
Start date: 31st October 2022
The Governors of Rudyard Kipling Primary School and Nursery wish to appoint an inspiring, highly motivated and child centred teacher on a temporary basis covering a maternity cover for one year.
About the role
- Recognise the importance of establishing positive relationships with every child in your class
- Be an amazing teacher who loves to engage and inspire young minds inside the classroom and out
- Possess high expectations for every child in your class
- Embrace a culture of continuous improvement, always seeking to improve as a practitioner
- Have the ability to challenge all children in the class using the full spectrum of Quality First teaching strategies and recognise the power of outdoor learning
- Acknowledge every child for the individual they are and be able to teach them accordingly
- Have a nurturing philosophy at the heart of your practice
- Be a strong team player
- Wish to contribute to the school beyond the classroom and offer to lead a club
We can offer you:
- A supportive induction process
- Opportunities for you to develop your practice
- A school which has nurture at the heart of everything we do
- A friendly, dedicated and caring staff team
- Wonderful children who are proud and respectful of their school
- A lively, vibrant and face paced environment
- Wonderful school grounds, Forest School and access to the beautiful countryside for outdoor learning
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
Please note that we do not accept a Curriculum Vitae as a form of application. The job pack and application form are available to download from http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/content/jobs/council-jobs. Alternatively, please email email@example.com .
Tours of the school: visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Tours will be held on Tuesday 20th September at 9:30am and Wednesday 21st September at 4:30pm.
Tour dates: 10am & 4:30pm, Monday 13th June 2022
Closing date: 9am, Wednesday 28th September
Interview date: Wednesday 5th October
Enquiries & How to Apply:
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school office: Chalkland Rise, Woodingdean, Brighton, BN2 6RH, firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01273 303328
Work Permits: We may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Please see Gov.uk for more information on the Skilled Worker Visa.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.