Type of Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
What you’ll be doing
Do you have experience working as a surveyor in the field of Passive Fire Protection? Are you motivated and committed in ensuring all designated fire risk assessment works are actioned and correctly undertaken within the prescribed timescales? If so, a fabulous opportunity has arisen to join our Property Services team based in the Counties region of Kent and Sussex as a Passive Fire Safety Surveyor.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee fire safety remedial works derived from properties’ fire risk assessments for Optivo across Kent and Sussex
- Ensure all Optivo properties owned and managed are maintained to the highest possible standards and all statutory and regulatory requirements are met
- Ensure staff, residents, leaseholders, managing agencies and property owners are provided with a high standard of service
- Undertake the management of designated fire risk assessment tasks on Optivo’s Fire risk management system called Risk hub, taking prompt action to ensure all tasks are completed within the prescribed timescales and report regularly to the Fire Safety Contracts Manager on progress
- Analyse and assess building fire safety related defects and deficiencies, provide remedial proposals and prepare specifications for remedial repairs
- Ensure specifications are up to date and meet current legislative standards
- Monitor the performance of contractors and consultants and provide reports to the Fire Safety Contract Manager
- Check contractor applications for accuracy and value.
- Demonstrable experience as a fire/building surveyor in a maintenance environment carrying out pre and post inspections.
- Experience of working with contractors using Schedule of Rate and non-SOR contracts.
- Experience with traditional methods of Building Surveying with an understanding of Fire Risk Assessments.
- An in depth knowledge of construction, design and fire related defects and how to correct them.
- A Full UK Driving Licence and access to a vehicle.
As well as candidates with relevant experience and qualifications we will also consider:
Site Managers / Supervisors experienced in managing FRA works looking to work for a Leading Housing Association.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 30th August 2022.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll enjoy a great salary and benefits package, including 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, and a day off for your birthday. You can also buy and sell leave up to 5 days. We have generous pension and life assurance schemes too, plus a cycle to work scheme and travel loans. Add in a healthcare cash plan covering dental, glasses, physiotherapy, vaccinations, 24 hour GP and more, plus various high street discounts, (not to mention flexible working and in house career development opportunities). If you are passionate about what you do and share our ambitions, we look forward to hearing from you.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual. We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.