Salary: PO1 £35,496 to £38,385 pa
X1 Permanent, Full Time (36 hours) Position
Enfield Council is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Campaigns Officer to work as part of our dynamic Corporate Communications Team.
The successful candidate will play a key role in delivering an annual work programme of campaigns and communications activity including devising campaign plans, using data and insight and monitoring performance and outcomes.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced person who can develop communications strategies for campaigns using the full range of communications channels including paid for media, digital and social media advertising to reach our target audiences and encourage behaviour change.
Working closely with the management team, the role will also include managing reputational risk and some elements of press and PR including writing, issuing and monitoring press releases, arranging photo opportunities and press conferences and supporting officers and elected members giving media interviews.
Here at Enfield Council we are still determined to ensure that our major projects can progress forward as rapidly as possible and one of our flagship projects is Meridian Water.
The Meridian Water project is advancing at pace, a £6bn, 25-year London regeneration programme led by Enfield Council, bringing 10,000 new homes and thousands of jobs to the borough.
This role will be working closely with the Meridian Water team to deliver campaigns and communications to a wide variety of stakeholders including potential investors and developers, partners and most importantly the local community and residents.
Experience in place marketing and delivering communications for regeneration projects is desirable. If you’re confident, dynamic, creative and organised, have a track record for providing excellent communications support and stakeholder management and are looking for a new and exciting challenge, we would like to hear from you.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59 Thursday 18th August 2022
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Shima Tailor on 020 8132 1372 or Andrew Golder on 020 8132 1108 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Temi Bolorunduro on 0208 132 1615 or firstname.lastname@example.org