St. Peter’s Catholic Primary School
Romford RM1 4JA
Tel: 01708 745506
Full Time Teaching Assistants
Salary: Scale 3 Pt 5-6. FTE £22,575 - £22,983 p.a. Pro rata salary of £17,471-£17,787 p.a.
Hours: 32.5 hours per week for 39 Weeks Per Year. To be worked Monday 8.15am-3.15 pm and Tuesday to Friday 8.30am-3.30pm
To support a named SEND child with social and communication difficulties and possible attachment disorder.
The governors wish to appoint an experienced Teaching Assistant to support the educational needs of a child with an EHCP. The role may include lunchtime supervision of the child in the playground.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a thorough understanding of Special Educational Needs
- Have experience of working with high needs SEND pupils
- Preferably have experience of using visual schedules and work stations
- Be able to work towards the outcomes detailed in reports such as Speech and Language
- Be able to engage and enthuse SEND pupils to access learning
- Be able to develop positive relationships with pupils and able to use a variety of strategies to meet individual needs
- Support the pupil in developing effective communication skills and have experience of using Colourful Semantics and other communication support
- Use strategies to encourage the pupil's independence
- Help the pupil in developing social awareness and forming friendships
- Be positive in outlook and flexible and adaptable to the needs of the child and in the classroom setting
- Be patient, calm and resilient whilst maintaining firm boundaries
- Take directions from the class teacher but also be willing to use their own initiative
- Undertake training as necessary
- Work effectively as part of a team
St. Peter’s enjoys the benefits of a beautiful new build and extended facilities. We maintain a friendly community, well-behaved, responsive pupils and very supportive parents and governors. Our staff are hard-working and committed to ensuring that our school aims are upheld and that every child’s well-being and safety is a priority.
Visits to the school are essential. To arrange an appointment with the Headteacher or SENCO, please contact the school office on 01708 745506. Only those applicants who visit the school will be considered for shortlisting.
Please apply online
Closing Date: Noon Friday 9 September 2022
Previous applicants need not apply
How to Apply
To apply, please visit https://ats-haveringschools.jobsgopublic.com and submit your application by clicking the 'Apply Online' link below.