Health and Wellbeing Link Worker
Employer: London Borough of Waltham Forest
Salary: £34,884 - £37,722
Location: Waltham Forest
Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 36 hours per week.
DBS Check: Yes
About the role
An exciting opportunity to work in Adult Early Help to support residents with emerging needs. This model is to identify and achieve self-defined wellbeing goals. Act as a single, local point of contact in order to provide advice, information, and support in the community to individuals and of all ages and across service types and their families including carers, who may be facing difficult life situations and who may be disabled, older or have mental health issues.
Health Wellbeing Link Workers work within a strength-based practice model, ensuring relationships are built with, compassion, responsibility, collaboration, curiosity, creativity and is focused on outcomes that enable people to be safe, well, resilient and independent.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience of working alongside and supporting individuals and families from a variety of backgrounds and with varying abilities, strengths and needs.
- An understanding of and practical experience in advocacy.
- An understanding and experience of supporting people to plan.
- Experience of working in and with communities.
- Understanding of and commitment to reducing health inequalities and proactively working to reach people from all communities
- Knowledge of the local and national policy context across services for disabled people, people with mental health issues, dementia, sensory impairments, older people, children and families and for carers.
- Knowledge of community development approaches
- Knowledge of motivational coaching and interview skills
- Knowledge of VCS and community services in the locality
How to Apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please email email@example.com so we can arrange an alternative.
For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.