We are seeking to appoint two apprentices to join our Families Business Intelligence team. As an apprentice you will have the opportunity to learn and develop analytical to help us develop new intelligence and insights.
We are looking for a candidate with a can-do attitude and approach to work enjoys producing high-quality data analysis and reports in order to communicate meaningful and insightful information.
The apprenticeship will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to develop data analytics and reporting solutions, supporting the development of an insight and intelligence culture, and delivering data-driven insights to drive operational decisions and service improvement.
This is an exciting time to join Waltham Forest – London’s first Borough of Culture and the winner of the “MJ Council of the year” award.
This is your chance to join an ambitious, people-focused organisation during a time of significant change, transformation and new challenges.
- Engage proactively in a specialist Programme of Learning and other training and support, in order to achieve the Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship Standard.
- Maintain and make available a range of datasets and performance reports.
- Contribute to the implementation of policies, procedures and plans for improving data quality.
- Contribute to the completion of statutory reporting requirements, including data returns required by government departments and regulators.
- Contribute to the delivery of programmes, projects and initiatives related to Business Intelligence
- Ensure that data is handled according to the principles and requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Interest in developing and reporting on performance measures and indicators, and designing and implementing performance management frameworks.
- Interest in understanding of how data is organised and managed in complex business environments, including relational databases and data modelling.
- Basic knowledge and experience of extracting and manipulating data using data analysis tools and meth such as Excel, Power BI.
- Supporting the process of designing and producing clear and compelling data visualisations in reports, dashboards and infographics.
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace. The Council is committed to meeting its 4 equality objectives: - Promoting equality of opportunity - Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage - Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels. - Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent Services to all. Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.
To support the above and reduce the risk of bias in its recruitment activities, the council is operating an anonymous shortlisting process, which hides personal information that can identify individuals until their application has been considered for shortlisting. The council also operates a scheme whereby, for jobs graded up to and including scale SO2, internal candidates are considered first. This includes those candidates who self-identify as having a disability for the purposes of the Disability Confident scheme. For more information, please refer to our recruitment and selection policy
HOW TO APPLY
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please email email@example.com so we can arrange an alternative.
For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council