We are recruiting for Senior Finance Analysts across the following areas:
- Business partnering (CWB and CYP)
- Capital, Treasury and Commercial
As a Senior Finance Analyst working as a Business Partner you will be responsible for providing specialist and senior financial and accounting support to a substantial area of the council's business. This would typically be a major part of the budget for a department such as Environmental Services or Public Health, and could involve gross budgets in excess of £100m. The SFA would support all officers within their service area, providing them with high level professional advice on a broad range of financial issues and their relation to the council's corporate and managerial objectives.
In the role as Senior Finance Analyst within the Capital, Treasury and Commercial Team, you will play a key role in monitoring and maximising the Council’s capital resources and in planning future capital programmes. We have an ambitious £700m multi-year capital programme and have recently developed a capital pipeline. This will include significant investment in new housing, school’s expansions, roads and highways, major regeneration schemes and the funding of our housing company i4B Holdings Ltd. The role will support all aspects of the three work streams within the Capital, Treasury and Commercial Team.
The Senior Finance Analyst will report into the relevant Head of Finance. They will provide officers and senior stakeholders with high level professional advice and make a positive contribution to the delivery of the service. Key activities will include:
- Being actively involved in material business decisions to ensure immediate and longer term implications, opportunities and risks are fully considered, and alignment with the organisation’s financial strategy;
- leading the promotion of good financial management so that public money is safeguarded at all times and used appropriately, economically, efficiently and effectively.
- Promoting and developing a culture that supports a Self Service approach to service delivery
- Ensuring a systematic approach to financial control alongside the modernisation and streamlining of all processes
- Supporting the departmental Head of Finance in the provision of high level professional advice on a very broad range of financial issues
- Managing and leading staff to achieve high performance and effective operational delivery, including developing and improving staff capability
- A driven and motivated fully qualified accountant
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to challenge and influence a range of stakeholders.
- Experience of supporting budget management for complex demand led services is essential.
- Full details are provided in the attached job description and person specification.
Please upload a supporting statement to your application.
Closing date: 13 July 2022 (23:00)
Brent Council values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community. We positively encourage all applicants to self-identify their characteristics in the diversity survey section in the application.