Peabody and Catalyst have joined together to create a new organisation that will go further and faster for its customers. As we integrate the two organisations to fully combine in April 2023, this is an exciting opportunity to engage over 4,000 colleagues in our vision and priorities and continue to embed our new social network, Workplace from Meta.
This is a challenging and busy role, adding significant value by providing support to colleagues across the organisation within a complex changing environment. The role requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the natural ability to network and build effective relationships.
Role specific responsibilities
- To develop a range of internal communications campaigns and content to engage employees in our values, vision, priorities, and culture
- Help to embed our new social network, Workplace from Meta as a key tool for employees to connect and collaborate
- To work with colleagues in the communications team to identify, interpret and reposition important messages for employees, ensuring consistency with our external messages
- Compile and send our weekly all-colleague email newsletter, to inform and engage colleagues
- Assist in managing our employee-focused intranet; writing and editing content and advising teams on best ways to raise their profile and share successes
- Assist with managing internal events to engage employees, including running training workshops for our intranet publishers
- Ensure that internal communications service is customer-focused, and equality, diversity and inclusion is embedded across all activity, and
- Monitor and evaluate outcomes and respond to feedback.
- Excellent copy writing skills with the ability to create clear, compelling, content and messages for a wide range of audiences and understanding of best practice in writing for the web
- Strong understanding of enterprise channels and how to run successful multi-channel campaigns
- Creative thinker, and proven ability to develop communications which stand out and get results
- Skilled at creating effective engagement campaigns which build and grow a connected audience
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Acute attention to detail and good proofreading skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the confidence to lead workshops/training, and
- Excellent IT skills and computer literacy.
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.