Street Homelessness Practitioner
Fixed term until March 2025
Full time 36 Hours
Salary/Grade SO1 £31,122 to £32, 112
Ending Homelessness in Enfield
We are transforming our homelessness service to improve homelessness prevention, reduce temporary accommodation and end street homelessness.
Our new Housing Advisory Service will deliver sustainable housing outcomes for Enfield residents through a range of new services, including data-driven early intervention, community outreach, specialist practice teams and a street homelessness service.
We are seeking proactive, outcome focused people to join our Street Homelessness Service. The Street Homelessness Service has been set the ambitious target to end rough sleeping in Enfield
Street Homelessness Practitioner: You will provide intensive support to entrenched rough sleepers, and rough sleepers with complex needs. You will help Rough sleepers with high needs to move from the street into sustainable housing with the appropriate support, and play a key role in Enfield’s multidisciplinary approach to ending rough sleeping within the borough
The ideal candidate will be ambitious, proactive, collaborative, highly motivated and ready for a new challenge. You must also have strong communication and creative problem-solving skills together with the drive and passion to help vulnerable people to live independent and fulfilling lives. You must also be willing to work outside of office hours on occasion, be able to work independently and have good knowledge of welfare, housing and homelessness practice.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative and inspiring service aimed at ending rough sleeping in Enfield.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
2. Your CV /Work History which includes your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office-based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Midnight 6th July
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Mary Mullany on 0208 132 0777 for an informal discussion
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.