This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Purchase Ledger Supervisor to join our dynamic team working alongside our fellow purchase ledger supervisor and finance officers to ensure a smooth service is provided.
As a Purchase Ledger Supervisor at Optivo you will be managing the purchase ledger team, providing guidance and supervision as well as sharing the workload of the team. You’ll provide a comprehensive expenditure management service to the organisation. You’ll also deputise for the Head of Expenditure when required.
You’ll have the opportunity to deliver a customer focused service, working with the team to meet the objectives in the team plan. Working with the head of department you’ll implement and manage systems for expenditure processing and reporting.
You’ll ensure that all relevant financial controls are maintained, correct procedures are followed and kept up to date. You’ll oversee the processing of invoices, credit notes and other requests for payments, monitoring and troubleshooting transactions in the purchase ledger systems to minimise potential payment delays.
You’ll prepare and check the weekly payment runs to suppliers, rent refunds and manual payments runs to agreed terms. You’ll assist with the uploading of the purchase ledger invoice interface and manage journal entries to ensure that they are posted promptly and accurately, with effective controls on completeness and authorisation.
• Proven experience in line managing a team
• A minimum of 5 GCSE passes with Maths and English, grade A-C or equivalent experience, along with a good understanding of accountancy, reconciliation work and double entry book-keeping.
• To be a customer focused individual with a ‘can do’ attitude and strong organisational skills, able to prioritise workloads, staff management, motivation and leadership.
• Knowledge of system design and the importance of key controls, with experience of Sun systems and BACS software. You’ll also have experience in the use of Proactis or a similar purchase order system.
What's in it for you
• Life assurance
• Healthcare cash plan
• Eyecare & dental
• Birthday leave
• Retailers discounts
• Cycle to work
• Buy & sell annual leave
• Season ticket loan
• In-house academy & career development
• Flexible working
Inclusion & Diversity
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual.
We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 17th July 2022. Shortlisting: W/C 18th July 2022. Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams video link and will take place: W/C 25th July 2022.