Title: Financial Assessment Officer
Salary: Scale 5 £25,578 - £27,966
We have an exciting employment opportunity within the Financial Assessments Service. A number of Assessment Assistant posts have been created to work in one of the following teams, and full training will be provided:
Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support Team
Helping those on a low income to pay rent and Council Tax through the administration of claims, changes in circumstances and reviews, dealing with any associated queries.
Council Tax Review Team
Maximising the Collection of Council Tax by ensuring liability and any reductions via discounts, disabled relief, exemptions and Council Tax Support are correct, maintained, reviewed and aligned to each other.
We are looking for people who have the right competencies and behaviours as set out in the person specification and have the ability and willingness to learn. Testing of basic Maths and English will be part of the shortlisting process
Upon successful appointment, suitability to one of these teams will be discussed and decided. A full training plan will be put in place for the various processes and over a period (at least a year) could lead to more complex assessments and the opportunity to be ready to apply for the next role as a Financial Assessment officer
As a customer focused service, you will be responsible for ensuring that excellent customer service is delivered to our most vulnerable residents. You will work with many internal teams to resolve issues so clear communication skills are essential.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on Tuesday 12th July 2022
To apply please click on the apply button below
This role requires that you upload 2 documents.
• A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
• Your CV.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Charlotte O'Sullivan, Recruitment & Onboarding Advisor on 0208 132 3189 or email@example.com