What you'll do
The Financial Inclusion Team supports all of our Optivo residents. We deliver a customer focused service where we help to empower residents to sustain their tenancies. We deliver both welfare benefits advice and money guidance support.
We inform residents of their welfare rights with the aim to ensure they are receiving all the benefits they are entitled to and support residents with possible grant application.
What you’ll need
- Extensive knowledge of a wide range of benefits (including welfare reform) together with excellent knowledge of working an advisory role
- Experience of handling case work and referring to relevant organisations
- Knowledge of completing applications for benefits, grants, appeals and funding
- Understanding the principals of budgeting for low income families
Good understanding of equality and diversity.
- Deliver a customer focused financial inclusion service which embraces Optivo culture, current and future legislation, policy and procedure and best practice.
- Provide a tailored service to help customers manage their finances and improve their financial capability avoiding legal action and potential eviction. Working closely with Income/Housing Teams to review pre eviction cases ensuring appropriate support has been offered prior to action.
- Holds a driving licence and has the ability to drive as this role will require extensive travel across all of London.
- Provide advice and assistance to customers, helping them find solutions to difficulties with claiming benefits, multiple debts and poverty.
- Offer guidance and support to vulnerable customers to help them manage their finances and prevent debt build up. Operate flexible working hours to make sure all customers have access to this service
- Ensure good standards of case management are maintained on the relevant Financial Inclusion/Income and CRM computer systems, recording all notes/actions clearly, accurately and appropriately.
The role will work with a range of residents and colleagues, so a positive approach to collaborative team working is essential. You’ll need to live our one team culture.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application.
Closing Date: Sunday 10th July 2022 at 23:59
What's in it for you
- Life assurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Eyecare & dental
- Birthday leave
- Retailers discounts
- Cycle to work
- Buy & sell annual leave
- Season ticket loan
- In-house academy & career development
- Flexible working
Inclusion & Diversity
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual.
We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.