Grade 8- ££41,586 - £45,576 per annum (Fixed Term ending December 2023)
This is a contract role running until December 2023.
As part of the Employment and Skills Team the London Borough of Havering has created Havering Works, a small externally funded project team to support those most disadvantaged unemployed and economically inactive residents to access the labour market.
The project is funded by the European Social Fund until December 2023 and aims to deliver a range of support to help individuals e.g. 1-1 employment coaching and mentoring, support with job search and access to training, interview skills, completing applications, CV writing. The team will provide support individuals to remove those barriers which prevent them from accessing employment including support to improve skills relevant to the current and future job market.
The project is receiving up to £432,861 of funding from the European Social Fund as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme in England. The Department for Work and Pensions (and in London the intermediate body Greater London Authority) is the Managing Authority for the England European Social Fund programme. Established by the European Union, the European Social Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support skills development, employment and job creation, social inclusion and local community regenerations. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding.
It is a really great time to join our specialist team, this is the beginning of the new project linking to opportunities created in the borough through social value and community development. We are looking for proactive, enthusiastic, self-motivated and solution focused people who enjoy making a real difference to people’s lives.
About the Job:
The primary purpose of this role is to lead a small team working with local unemployed and economically inactive residents to support them to move into employment or to become work ready. The job holder will also develop and manage a case load working directly with residents providing support
The job holder will work with other internal teams and external organisations to:
- provide and manage a comprehensive in-house employment and skills brokerage service. This will involve managing multiple contracts and being responsible for the coordination of recruitment campaigns
- effectively performance manage the project complying with European Social Fund requirements
- coordinate the delivery of the project, tracking progress and working in partnership with a range of services to provide a joined up skills and employment service.
- coordinate and monitor cross departmental referrals of candidates through the Havering Works project
- line manage the team of Case Workers providing support to residents, setting and reviewing objectives, identifying training needs and providing support as required.
- directly provide client facing Information, advice and guidance, employment and training support to local residents in Havering who are unemployed or seeking to improve their economic well-being. Advise and assist project participants on available support
- be responsible for the development of a candidate pipeline
- Provide support in developing and retaining links with local employers.
- work with employers to develop suitable bespoke employment pathways and arranging and leading on screening candidates for roles.
- Ensure safeguarding at all times.
You will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written enabling you to build strong working relationships within the Council and across partner organisations
- IAG and PTTLS qualified /trained or working towards the qualifications
- Experience of supporting long-term unemployed residents into sustainable employment, combined with previous experience of working in a sales-oriented, account management or business development environment.
- Experience of helping customers with barriers to improve their employment and job search skills is required. A track record of successfully engaging customers in a diverse community is also needed
- Experience of working with bulk recruitment or in the Welfare to Work industry, evidence of sustained success in a previous marketing/ sales role in a similar setting, a solid understanding of the local labour market and the ability to develop business
- Team leading and line management experience including all aspects of staff performance management, objective setting and review, supporting staff training and development and training.
- Experience of managing and prioritising an extensive workload with the minimum of supervision.
- Experience of working in project teams involving a range of different organisations and disciplines.
- Experience of working directly with large and small businesses and of providing business support services.
The closing date for applications is 5th July 2022 - this may be subject to change depending on level of applications.
For further information on this role please click on the Job Description here.
We want everyone to choose Havering. When you apply for a job with us, your application is considered on its merits regardless of your age, disability, ethnicity, faith, gender identity or sexual orientation. Our residents and service users come f