As a Media & Resources Apprentice you will be providing reprographics support to students and staff, contributing to an efficient printing, photocopying and document publishing service. You will also undertake other administrative tasks.
Your duties will include:
- Photocopying and printing
- Collating documentation
- Comb and spiral binding
- Cutting card/paper
- Assist with maintenance of printers around the school (ensuring they all have paper stock, are all in working order etc.)
- Manage stock of reprographic materials
- Set up AV equipment/resources for morning assemblies (i.e. laptop, projector, microphone)
- Assist with taking photographs/videos at school events
- Creating/formatting documentation
- Assist in the production of posters/display materials/graphic design
- Assist with digital media and uploading of content to the school website.
You will be based mostly in the Media Resources Office at Prendergast School working under the direction of the Media & Resources Manager and will be required to work in Prendergast Ladywell School and Prendergast Vale School on some occasions.
Contract: 18 month fixed term contract
- The successful candidate will need to have an interest in working in creative and digital design
- It will be an essential requirement for the appointed person to have good ICT and administration skills, alongside that of being organised
- An appreciation of colour, detail and design.
- GCSE at grade 4/C or above or equivalent in English and maths, however, applicants with relevant prior experience but without the stated qualifications may be considered, though must be prepared to work towards their level 1 functional skills qualifications
- Enhanced DBS clearance
- To maintain the confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for the department
- The post holder is responsible for his/her own self-development on a continuous basis
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the post as required
- Level 3 Business Administrator
- Supporting the delivery of media resources and reprographics services
- Level 2 Functional Skills (where appropriate).
Prendergast School is an Outstanding 11-16 Girls School with a mixed 6th Form of over 350 students and benefits from being part of the Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools. Awarded its third Outstanding OFSTED grading in a row in November 2013, the school has been leading girls’ education in Lewisham for over 130 years.
Interviews: w/c 4 July 2022
Please note CVs are not accepted.
The Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all employees are required to have an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Appointment will be subject to qualifications, experience checks and satisfactory references.
How to Apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.