Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the city.
An excellent opportunity has arisen within the London Borough of Redbridge for 4 Social Care Lawyers to join the Council to provide a comprehensive and professional legal service.
You will report to the Principal Lawyer – Social Care within the Legal Department. You will also work closely with other Council departmental clients and specialist departments.
You will provide the Council with expert advice and guidance on aspects of childcare proceedings related work and have extension experience in the preparation of court processes.
- Provide expertise, knowledge and advice on all matters relating to children’s social care functions, including public law care proceedings, adoption, child protection and fostering.
- Conduct a full range of work types in this area of work.
- Utilising skills and experience gained within a similar position, you will report to the Principal Lawyer (Social Care) and will have your own complex and varied caseload.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold a Solicitor, Barrister, FILEX or similar qualification
- Have experience of childcare cases, preferably in a local government context
- Excellent knowledge of the law and practice in this area of law
If you feel you meet the above requirements and are keen to join an ambitious, dynamic and innovative team, we would like to hear from you.
Closing Date: 3rd July 2022
Interviews: week commencing 11th July 2022
This is a full time, permanent post.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Bahia.Daifi@redbridge.gov.uk for an informal discussion. You will also need to submit an application along with a CV and/or covering letter.
Ambitious for Redbridge
All short-listed applicants will need to demonstrate proof of right to work in the UK. At the London Borough of Redbridge, we receive a high volume of great-quality applicants, we therefore may close a vacancy earlier than advertised. Early applications are therefore encouraged.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment and welcome applications from qualified applicants regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, colour, race, religion, or belief.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.