LIFE Education Trust
Scale: SO1.23 - S01.25 (£31,122 - £32,112) FTE 52.47%
Actual Salary: £16,546 (inclusive of Outer London Allowance)
Hours: Part Time - 21.6 hours per week, 40 weeks per year (term time plus 2)
Required for July 2022
Would you like to work for a successful Multi-Academy Trust? Do you have payroll experience or transferable skills?
LIFE Education Trust seek to appoint a payroll Officer to be responsible for delivering a timely and accurate payroll provision for the Trust and our 7 schools. This is a part-time position for 21.6 hours per week.
The successful candidate will be the main point of contact for payroll, working alongside the HR team to ensure the payroll is completed on a monthly basis. This will include collating and preparing documents and ensuring the data is entered into our internal HR and Payroll system – IRIS and PS People.
At LIFE we support 7 schools, in total, across Essex and Havering to deliver excellent pupil outcomes, create vibrant, exciting environments and offer rewarding careers for staff.
What we can offer you:
- Tailored CPD with a strong commitment on developing individual career paths
- An approach that supports professional growth
- A stimulating and welcoming learning environment in a fantastic school community set in beautiful grounds
- A supportive and forward-thinking leadership team in an inclusive Multi Academy Trust
- Well qualified and experienced staff
- Students who are enthusiastic and keen to progress
- Wellbeing Support 24/7
- Opportunities for flexible / hybrid working where appropriate
What you can offer us:
- Payroll knowledge and experience
- High attention to detail and an eye for accuracy
- Experience of using computerised payroll & pension and accounting systems
- Strong Microsoft Office skills in Excel, Word and Outlook
- An understanding of and practicing confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to prioritise workload and work effectively in a pressured environment
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships as part of a team and to work independently
- Be organised and efficient
- Excellent time management skills and able to manage your own workload
- A sense of humour!
We are part of the LIFE Education Trust who support schools to deliver excellent pupil outcomes, create vibrant, exciting environments and offer rewarding careers for staff.
Everyone needs to find their purpose. At the LIFE Education Trust our mission is to build great learning
communities which unleash creativity and champion optimism, in a spirit of compassion. To accomplish our mission, we use our 3 core beliefs:
- Courageous optimism
- Boundless creativity
- Heartfelt compassion
These beliefs are at the centre of everything we do. As a Trust we believe in helping staff and pupils achieve their personal best and are keen to recruit the very best talent for our Trust. If you share our passion for challenging, improving and making our schools the best, we would love to hear from you.
To see why we're so proud of our Trust and our schools and for more information, including an application pack go to: https://lifeeducationtrust.com/ and follow us on twitter @lifeedutrust
How to Apply
Please submit a copy of the trusts application form, which can be found on our website, together with a letter of application and supporting paperwork, to Vicky Smith, HR Manager by 9am Friday 1st July 2022. Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisting will take place shortly after and interviews will be held week commencing 4th July.
The Trust reserves the right to interview prior to the deadline date. We encourage and welcome
applications from all backgrounds and all parts of the community, particularly people from ethnic
minorities who are currently under-represented’.
Life Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.