What you'll do
We’re looking for an experienced Voids Surveyor who wants to make a difference and strives in a challenging fast paced environment. If you’ve a proven track record of providing excellent responsive repair and void surveying services within the housing sector, you’re just what we need. Combined with great customer service and the natural ability to build relationships with contractors, stakeholders and consultants, you’ll fit the bill for a fabulous opportunity that’s arisen to join us as a Voids Surveyor. This is to supplement our existing resources.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Implement the Property Services void process, liaising with others to ensure void maintenance work and the letting of the property is completed in a timely, efficient, effective cost efficient manner
- Monitor contractor performance, chasing outstanding or incomplete works and resolving customer complaints and enquiries
- Collaborate and liaise with other directorates to ensure all voids (minor & major) are effectively monitored, progress is tracked, and the process is handled in an efficient manner in line with all relevant policies, procedures and management plans
- Liaise with internal / external customers and contractors to ensure a high standard of service is achieved and exceeded, including the analysis of survey data.
What you’ll need:
- Experience in undertaking building surveying, including undertaking inspections, diagnosing defects, identifying breaches in lease and building standards, specifying remedial works
- Experience of working with contractors using SOR’s and non-SOR’s contracts
- A competent knowledge of relevant and current, codes of practice, building regulations, health and safety legislation, standards and materials
- Extensive experience with building surveying within Housing
- A proven track record of contract management responsibilities
- A full UK Driving Licence and access to a vehicle.
The role will work with a range of residents and colleagues, so a positive approach to collaborative team working is essential. You’ll need to live our one team culture.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 3rd July 2022 at 23:59
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
What's in it for you
- Life assurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Eyecare & dental
- Birthday leave
- Retailers discounts
- Cycle to work
- Buy & sell annual leave
- Season ticket loan
- In-house academy & career development
- Flexible working
Inclusion and Diversity
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual. We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.